ash

Gordy Headless Bass UK Made now traded
£550
Lancaster

Gordy headless bass - this was handmade by Gordon Witham the other half of the original Gordon Smith partnership. Very good condition with some small cosmetic dings - see pics. It’s around 30 years old. The bass is lovely with a light action and a great active preamp. It’s a good weight around 9lbs and well balanced. Bought on a whim as I love Gordy’s work but I prefer passive basses. UK only no trades.

Comes with gigbag and a set of grub screws for the bridge so you can use normal strings. It’s currently strung with double ball ended Status flats.

Edited by ash

Rare, beautiful and pregnant with local relevance. Bit cheeky too but the quality of GS and Gordy is stratospheric. Bargain

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, three said:

Rare, beautiful and pregnant with local relevance. Bit cheeky too but the quality of GS and Gordy is stratospheric. Bargain

Thanks for your comments. Yes it’s rather similar in style to another classic U.K. made headless....

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By funkypenguin
      Hello Folks,
      I'm based in Rochdale Greater Manchester and am taking on new students for the new year. I teach bass guitar exclusively and have been an active professional for over 10 years including 4 years spent as bassist and MD for Carnival Cruise Lines. I studied music up to and including degree level and graduated in 2012 with a 1st BA(hons). I also have a valid DBS check.

I cover all major areas of instruction including technique, time, sound, improvisation, harmony, reading, repertoire, transcription, exam prep and theory. I arrange my lessons around what my students want to cover and get better at, and actively encourage them to bring lots of questions to lessons.
      My rate is £20 an hour

If you're interested, drop me a PM  or email me on [email protected]

Ben
    • By Teebs
      Does anyone have any recommendations for an amp tech in the Manchester area?
      My Ibanez Promethean P20 mini combo has stopped working - details here:
      I realise that it might be cheaper to just buy another amp, but I really love this one, and I hate the idea of scrapping something that might live again.
      Thanks in advance
    • By Marianna
      **Price dropped for quick sale**
      I'm selling my beautiful Warwick Corvette Basic Rockbass 4-string in gorgeous Honey finish with active MEC J/J pickups. I'm not playing anymore, so time to pass it on. The bass has been extremely well looked after and it's in mint condition. You're basically buying as new but for half the price if you were to buy new today. Versatile, slim necked, great for beginners/younger players. 
      Selling with a practice amp, soft case and strap. Great set up for beginner/intermediate player. Just need a lead to get started. The amp is a cheap amp, hence including it for free here. The Ritter case is padded and well made. Strap is a simple black fabric strap. I still have the original paperwork for the bass and the amp, although the bass is obviously no longer under warranty. 
      Based in Manchester for collection or will look into courier options. 

• By Nat_A1
      Manchester based all-female rock band seeking bassist.  
      We recently recorded a demo and are keen to keep developing, recording and gigging original material with womxn-centric themes (influences include Fleetwood Mac, Neko Case, L7, Sheryl Crow, Liz Phair, Cream, The Runaways, etc). 
      We are a supportive, collaborative and easy-going band, so looking for a like-minded person, who is also creative, committed, and available to rehearse weekly. 
      We’d be happy to share some samples of our music if you’re interested.  
      Please get in touch if you are a female bassist with band experience! 
    • By Ryan Hayes
      4/4 size 1960's Hungarian Double Bass. 

Equipped with a Realist pickup, also includes French Bow Round Stick 730mm, and Tom & Will Gig Bag. 

It is a wonderful instrument and has been fondly used for the past 3 years. Couple of varnish scars as shown on the pictures. 

The solid carved front and back give the bass a great sound and the laminate ribs improve the robustness of the bass. 

The french bow, gig bag and pick up costs £700 so the double bass is truly at a great price and will continue to hold its value. 
      Local pickup preferred.