Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Studio Range

stewblack

While everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about Ashdown and their foray into the bass guitar market these nifty little combos seem to have slipped under the radar. 

The specs say the 15" 300w model is lighter than their current lightweight 1 x15 cab. 

Which got me thinking, I wonder if there are any plans to release a cab only version. 

I could certainly be tempted after watching MG lift the combo with one finger at Namm. If it's 500 quid with an amp built in I'm guessing  a cab could go for 300. 

Seriously lightweight tiny cabs, and apparently you can fling them off the roof and they bounce. What's not to like? 

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

While everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about Ashdown and their foray into the bass guitar market these nifty little combos seem to have slipped under the radar. 

The specs say the 15" 300w model is lighter than their current lightweight 1 x15 cab. 

Which got me thinking, I wonder if there are any plans to release a cab only version. 

I could certainly be tempted after watching MG lift the combo with one finger at Namm. If it's 500 quid with an amp built in I'm guessing  a cab could go for 300. 

Seriously lightweight tiny cabs, and apparently you can fling them off the roof and they bounce. What's not to like? 

They haven't put anything on the Ashdown  website yet but I've seen a few reference a new range of Neo cabs.

I believe they are going to be called the ABM-PN (Pro Neo) range.  GAK have them on Pre-Order at around £450-£475.  There seems to be a 112, a 115 and a 210.

PMT did a little write up of Ashdown's NAMM offering and gave them a brief mention.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2020/01/13/new-ashdown-bass-guitars-amps-pedals-namm-2020/

Haven't seen any specs on weight - I'm quite interested in the 2x10 for my Little Stubby head.

Just now, PJ-Bassist said:

They haven't put anything on the Ashdown  website yet but I've seen a few reference a new range of Neo cabs.

I believe they are going to be called the ABM-PN (Pro Neo) range.  GAK have them on Pre-Order at around £450-£475.  There seems to be a 112, a 115 and a 210.

PMT did a little write up of Ashdown's NAMM offering and gave them a brief mention.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2020/01/13/new-ashdown-bass-guitars-amps-pedals-namm-2020/

Haven't seen any specs on weight - I'm quite interested in the 2x10 for my Little Stubby head.

Hmm 🤔

The combo is 499 so that suggested price is a little more than I'd like to pay. For an extra 25 quid I'd prefer to have the combo and take the amp off! 

I tried one last month at PMT, when I was looking for a possible upgrade to the Rumble 100* for small trio gigs, and of all the small combos I tried (and a couple of FRFR 12" PA tops), the Studio 15 was my favourite: compact, very very light and with plenty going on.

It was priced at £499

* A job which I completed on the cheap with a better speaker in the Rumble...but I digress...

Edited by Muzz