Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Candy Tangerine Precision Relic - Limelight and MJT build
£690
Manchester

three

I'm not a massive fan of hyperbole in ads so just the facts (err, and a bit of opinion... )

Candy Tangerine Precision - luthier constructed from a combination of an MJT reliced body (Alder I think - see MJT at https://www.mjtagedfinishes.com) and a Limelight reliced P neck (1.625 nut).  IMO the relicing is of a very high-quality and looks authentic (in terms of both wear and checking).  I picked this up on here around a year ago, spent around £150 on it, put it in my office and then it's hardly been played (I try to stay out of the office and when I'm there, I'm frequently too busy to play).  On receipt, the bass played very well, though the action was at medium height and I prefer it extremely low.  So, off to Jack's Instrument Services in Manchester to have the action taken right down: some fret-work, a full-set up, re-string and a shim - I also had some of the finish removed on the back of the neck, then a light oil to get that US Lakland style slickness.  All this at a cost of £130 - I can provide the receipt.  The result, IMO is stunning - super-low action, incredibly clean and fast all over the board and sounds like a classic early P.

Specs:

Light alder (?) body (MJT) with deep contouring - relic finish Candy Tangerine 

Neck - P Shape with 1.625" nut (Limelight) - very dark rosewood board

Scratchplate - I'm told by the original commissioning owner that the plate is an original 1964 from his own '64 Fender.  The plate has an extra hole that has been filled.  I can't verify the provenance though it looks right

Limelight electronics, pick-up and hardware

Strung with brand new D'addario 35-95 Nickel rounds

The original ad is here (I'm hoping that the original owner is OK with this)

I have just over £800 in this so think that £690 is reasonable.  The bass plays beautifully well and, again in my opinion, looks immensely cool (though you can be the judge here).

The bass is in Manchester and comes with a basic soft padded case (not bad but not immensely protective).  Please note, I don't have the pickup and bridge covers.  I can ship but at the buyer's cost and risk (and there is a risk here without a hard case).

Any questions please just ask - the original images are probably better than mine but I can get more if required.

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204 copy.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg

IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

Edited by three