Daz39

New Chowny Bass model - Route 51

22 hours ago, Chownybass said:

…...my motivation is selfish and I don't have your best interests at heart. :)

Yes, but if I need that kind of careless cruelty....I have a perfectly good wife at home for that.

:sorry:

Must admit, never had the chance to try one of these but I think they look really good. The main thing that puts me off making the effort to 1) Travel to try one or 2) Buy one unseen is the number of times I've seen Scott Whitley selling on his own signature models!

3 hours ago, skej21 said:

Must admit, never had the chance to try one of these but I think they look really good. The main thing that puts me off making the effort to 1) Travel to try one or 2) Buy one unseen is the number of times I've seen Scott Whitley selling on his own signature models!

He sells them because I keep sending them to him and he doesn’t have space. Not because he doesn’t like them :)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cbd
      Hi!
      For sale is an extremely rare Ibanez 6-string P/J bass - in fact pretty much the only model I've seen with a P pickup.The electronics are also really cool - high output pickups mean that you can toggle passive/active mode without the usual drop in volume you get on most active basses - so you can swap from passive P tones to punchy active modern tones in seconds, without switching amp inputs
      Specs:
      SR6 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck Bubinga top/Mahogany body Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay Medium frets Accu-cast B306 bridge Nordstrand CND P/J pickups Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) Black matte hardware Condition is used, but only just - I got it just over a year ago, but it's not been out loads (gigs have been pretty slow recently for some reason...). A few tiny marks here and there if you look closely - the worst is probably at the edge of the end of the headstock (opposite "R in SDGR" - visible in the photos). Otherwise it's working great!
      Light (well, for a 6 string) at 4.8kg / 10.6lbs
      16.5mm string spacing at the bridge, and 44mm from the centre of the B to centre of the C at the nut. Neck width is 53mm at the nut.
      Now looking for ~£575. I might consider trades + cash for something cheaper too if it helps
      I'm based in Cambridge - collection would be ideal, but I don't mind driving a bit further afield to drop it off, or can post for £20.
      Any questions let me know, cheers

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 pounds but it's actually 6500 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page:

• By CalDeep
      Up is my green label boss bass chorus, the classic! Full of mojo and a great sound, and is sadly just not getting used. 

Price includes UK postage. 

Any questions let me know! 

Ideally looking for a sale, but try me with trades and part ex

• By Ma'Grass
      Hi everyone, 

this pick up came off my Fender Telecaster Bass from 1968 and It's a perfectly working, rare and original part from Fender's CBS years. It comes with height regulation springs and earth wire.

It sounds super warm and with natural mids, exactly what you'd expect from the Telecaster bass.
      you can hear some of it in action here and here

Also, I have a video available of the pickup being test metered, showing a reassuring 0 (circuit closed therefore everything working),

you can check it out here

Get in touch, you tele will never sound more original than this!  

Matteo

• By Frontrow
      **SOLD** Konig & Meyer Double Bass Stool is for sale.
      Bought 9 years ago, it has had a light use. It is a very good condition. Backrest and Footrest are both removable.
      Height: 58-82 cm
      Weight: 8.5 kg(including backrest and footrest)
                   6.5 kg(without backrest)
      Collection in person preferred, but we can drop it off if within 5 miles from central Cambridge.