Why become a member? ×

MR BIG IS BACK (BILLY SHEEHAN, PAUL GILBERT, ERIC MARTIN & PAT TORPEY !)

7string

I went to see them at St Georges Hall (or was it the rock venue that closed whose name escapes me?) in Bradford many years ago, my first metal? gig

2 things struck me: one was the stench of smelly leather jackets/dope/BO from the fans, the other was the power drill solo. Didn't he catch his hair once?

Oh, and BS was good to watch though not really my cup of chai

Edited by yorks5stringer

Yeah I go and see that, even though I know none of the stuff.

I must admit, I've seen Billy live a handful of times with Vai/Satch & Co, and was underwhelmed with his sound...........I guess the sound man is told to crank up the lead guitar and screw the rest, but even so. I prefered Stu Hamm's tone on those tours, and I [i]think[/i] it was [i]Matt[/i] Bissonette on one occasion, might have been his brother who's name escapes me.

Great news about a great band!! Saw every London show they ever did.... inclusing the Marquee, Hammy O & The Forum.

Can't see this reunion making it as far as a European tour though....
Billy & Eric can't stand each other so it must be the cash (& the love of their crazy Japanese fans) that has made this possible...

I remember seeing them in Nottm on the Lean Into It tour. To Be With You still hadn't been released as a single IIRC and presumably the band thought it a bit lightweight for Rock City so they never played what turned out to be their biggest hit by a mile! Mind you I saw the revamped It Bites recently and they never played Calling All The Heroes...

[quote name='cetera' post='401066' date='Feb 5 2009, 02:31 PM']Billy & Eric can't stand each other so it must be the cash (& the love of their crazy Japanese fans) that has made this possible...[/quote]

you can see from this later video that billy isn't a happy man compared to his normal self - when he is actually shown that is!

i believe they wanted to do a Japanese tour without Billy some time ago but none of the promoters were up for it unless he was back in the band.

yeah i saw mr big just after their first album came out - at Norwich Waterfront of all places! - unfortunately i can't remember a great deal about it though due to a tad too much drink on the night in question!

peace

c

Edited by 3V17C

There is even a Japanese TV performance and a live in a studio thing where there is no bass player at all.

Things were bad when the "Shine" video was made. However, I do know that they have been in contact for quite a while. E-mails went back and forth at first and now they've put everything behind them.