DDR

Short Bass One 60 - mint with soft case & spare strings
£400
London

Aquila Short Bass One 60, mint condition with various spare strings (not the E) and soft case. 

I wanted to get a double bass, had not the space nor the money, got this, sound is pretty close but i can't get used to how it feels and never play it. 

We can work out postage if you want but i personally wouldn't risk it. East London based, can meet. 

IMG_20191016_090920.jpg

IMG_20191016_090845.jpg

IMG_20191016_090749.jpg

Edited by DDR
Grammar

What sort of strings does it use? The scale length is identical to the Taylor GS Mini-e Bass, so I’m curious as to whether it also uses similar phosphor bronze strings, or bass ukulele type strings.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, therealting said:

What sort of strings does it use? The scale length is identical to the Taylor GS Mini-e Bass, so I’m curious as to whether it also uses similar phosphor bronze strings, or bass ukulele type strings.

Looks like Aquilla reds to me - bass uke strings but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Wow glad you guys are there to answer for me... Sorry went off grid. Yes they are aquila reds. I have only tried other aquila strings (the ubass kala) and they didn't woek tuning wise. I guess one could convert to whatever strings perhaps.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dave84
      Another acoustic moment: one of the best and iconic songs of the eighties played with my Fender Kingman V2 ... enjoy!

• By Fishman
      Up for sale (no trades) is my 90s  2010-11 Mustang,  white with torty guard
      Condition is Ex+,  just a small mark on the underside of the headstock – see pics
      Pics to follow either today or tomorrow
      Fender gig bag only so collection advisable, Hard case now included, although I could disassemble for shipping if necessary (UK only)
      Cheers!
    • By Paul C
      **deposit now taken to be sorted after lockdown**

Hi I bought this Alliance Fretless acoustic bass many years ago from Manchester Bass Center. I'm not going to say a know much about it. It's not a vintage Luthier made instrument by any means but it sounds nice to my ears both amplified and unamplified. It also looks quite nice too with some nice cream binding. One slight dink I've marked by the jack socket but nothing major at all. Low light today so pictures a bit tricky.
      Has a simple 9volt preamp onboard. 
      No major fingerboard wear. Made in Korea. Played a lot but looked after.
      Socially distanced collection fine.
      I do have a large ish packaging box too if delivery needed but it is an acoustic instrument and would not take kindly to delivery man treatment if abused 🙂.
      Thanks

• By Bass_Man_Baz
      for sale or trade 
      Not getting the playing time that it deserves, excellent bass that’s super comfortable to play with its 30.5” scale length, suits E-C but I have it set up with heavy gauge hex core boomers and played lovely in B-G as well,

The preamp is amazing, so versatile and great as a studio tool to get loads of tones, passive bypass gives a great natural tone as well. 

Here are the specs.
      body wood is Alder
      top wood is Eucalyptus burl which is stunning
      neck is Wenge and Ash
      Fingerboard is ACG’s signature acrylic impregnated Wenge for superior stability with luminescent inlays which glow on a dark stage.
      Weight is 8.01lbs
      Bridge pickup is the Acg SB single coil and the neck is the Acg FB humbucker
      preamp is the ACG DFM 5k/AP which is the full dual filter modular with push pull mid boost for both pickups, passive/active switch with tone roll off pot as well. 
      Hipshot hardware. 

there is 1 small blemish on the back behind the lower horn I’ll include a picture. 

comes with the original semi Hard shell case.

I will ship at buyers risk, I would prefer collection or I’m happy to drive up to 100 miles to meet up.  

• By Sardar
      A bit of an impulse online purchase several months ago.  It's had such limited home use since it arrived that it still has the protective plastic on the hardware. 
      I need to clear some space for a new arrival so no trades, sorry.
      One tiny finish flaw on the back of the bottom horn but otherwise no dings or dents.  
      Scale: 30"
      Weight: 3.7KG approximate (kitchen scales)
      String spacing: 19mm
      Comes with a basic gig bag
      Would strongly prefer collection, or to meet half way, but postage may be possible.