Why become a member? ×

Sold

geoffbyrne

Neck through Hondo Pro or Satellite P bass. Previous owner has given the headstock a coat of black paint and I currently don't feel like stripping it as this would likely remove any transfer left under it.

It demonstrates much mojo - many dents and scrapes, but nothing major. Neck shows plenty of wear, but there's plenty of fret left.

The action is very good and the bass plays pretty well indeed.

The neck is best described as a deeper 'D' rather than a shallow 'C'.

Originals of these had DiMarzio pickups, but I don't think this is one - it sounds more than OK, though. I think the pots may still be original. The volume pot is fine, but the tone pot is a little iffy.

The worst point is that some imbecile pre-owner has reamed the hex socket in the truss rod nut and I can't adjust it.

Having said that, the action is low and excellent and, I believe, stable. I'll include another truss rod nut if buyer can extract the original.

£65 ono

Geoff

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='budget bassist' post='383558' date='Jan 17 2009, 09:05 PM']I'm trying hard not to dig into my pockets right now! I'm trying to save for a bongo but i'm a sucker for old neck thru japcrap!
Good luck with the sale matey, it looks lovely![/quote]

Thanks for the words.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow...There's quite a few people on this site from the North Lanarkshire area. I am from Newmains. Hello to all in the area and also the others here too. ;)

Wishaw is certainly a Sunny place. :huh: Well actually today it was.....first time in a while even with the snow. :P

Good luck with the sale....hope it goes to a good home. :)

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I'll be up there in March to see how the place is surviving without me !!!! ;)

Spread the word on the Satellite!! :P

G.

[quote name='mogli66' post='406970' date='Feb 11 2009, 09:05 PM']Wow...There's quite a few people on this site from the North Lanarkshire area. I am from Newmains. Hello to all in the area and also the others here too. :)

Wishaw is certainly a Sunny place. :P Well actually today it was.....first time in a while even with the snow. :huh:

Good luck with the sale....hope it goes to a good home. :angry:

Mike[/quote]