Why become a member? ×

MIA Jazz 2007 sunburst/maple * SOLD *

Clarky

Hi bought this off Mickeyboro a few months back but, though its immensely playable (with "a gorgeous neck", so says Chrisdabass, former owner), its not getting used and is a bit of a luxury. Its been modded with an official Fender 62 reissue stack knob control set, a WD tort s/p (the link below shows the less well-fitting s/p it came with when I bought it, which I no longer have), and cream-coloured DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups. However also comes with the black Fender original p/u's if you want these (you could sell on the DiMarzios for a decent price as they are £90 a set). Strung with new Labella Deep Talkin Flats.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=29177&st=0&p=300819&#entry300819"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry300819[/url]

Its in superb nick with no dings etc. Looking for £475 posted, £450 picked up from West London (nr Hammersmith). FYI, cost me all-in around £600 with DiMarzios and new s/p

Cheers Clarky

PS comes with fender pre-2008 hard case but unfortunately I have mislaid the truss rod adjustor (that said the action is very low without any buzzing, and I play pick-style)

PPS its the bass in my avatar

Edited by Clarky

This is what it looked like when I bought it, showing the original Fender pickups (which will come with the sale but are not currently fitted, due to having DiMarzios on it)

[attachment=18755:DSC01155.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

For those unfamiliar with DiMarzio Ultra Jazz, here is the technical blurb, my summary of which is that they are passive, beefier-than-stock Jazz pickups with the added advantage of being hum-cancelling (I imagine they're similar to the Wizard Thumpers that so many BCers rave about, although I'm not sure thay are hum-cancelling):

"DiMarzio's Ultra Jazz™ pickup is just what its name implies: more of everything you want from a Jazz Bass replacement pickup.....lots more. It's fat, it's funky, it's big, and it's hum canceling. The Ultra Jazz™ is available individually in neck and bridge models, and as a matched set.

Recommended For:
All positions. The Ultra Jazz™ was designed to fit the original Fender Jazz Bass, which has neck and bridge pickup cavities of two different sizes. Some current basses use the same length pickup in both positions. The Ultra Jazz™ set, DP149, consists of two pickups of different lengths, with the neck pickup shorter than the bridge pickup. The pickups are also available individually as DP147 (short) and DP148 (long) if your bass requires either one size pickup or the other. Please refer to the dimensions above for the correct choice for your bass:

Tech Talk:
The appearance of the Ultra Jazz™ is traditional, but the wide dynamic range and frequency response of the hybrid magnetic structure allows both vintage and modern sounds. As with the Model J™, hum canceling is achieved with each coil sensing a pair of strings, rather than a stacked design; even with a relatively high DC resistance figure, the Ultra Jazz™ has very strong, percussive highs and clean lows.

Wiring: Standard four conductor
Magnet: Alnico 5 and Ceramic
Output: 250 mV
DC Resistance: 12.30K
Year of introduction 1996 "

Edited by Clarky

more photos (bit of a dark day, sorry, so doesn't catch richness of sunburst, especially the reds and yellows - see pic in case a couple of posts above for better idea of true colours)

[attachment=18760:clarky_basses_002.JPG][attachment=18759:clarky_basses_003.JPG][attachment=18758:cl
arky_basses_005.JPG][attachment=18757:clarky_basses_001.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

Rather than "or nearest offer" have fixed price at £475 posted or £450 collected

No trade offers please, just cash! As Paypal extort 3% fees, bank transfer preferred for those not collecting

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='jonthebass' post='383417' date='Jan 17 2009, 05:43 PM']That's a beaut Clarky, good job you never showed me this when I was at yours.
It would match my S'burst n maple P bass sooo well!!![/quote]
Cheers Jon. Your avatar looks strangely familiar ;) Realised how light your ash-bodied Sid/Ramones-alike is when I gigged my new Prosebass alder-bodied Simonon replica last night! Talk about knackered shoulders

[quote name='artisan' post='383449' date='Jan 17 2009, 06:15 PM']lol i'm just a tad exited--like a kid at christmas
;)[/quote]
Well if Parcelforce don't screw up (!), you should have your new toy on Tuesday :P

Nice one Neil/Artisan!

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='383754' date='Jan 18 2009, 11:08 AM']i was very tempted to have this one back myself!! what a bass ey!!

i cant remember why i sold it on to be honest!!

Madness!!

;)[/quote]

:P you're right there Chris,i nearly bought it back off you when you sold it on but didn't have the cash then.

it looks really cool with its new pickups on methinks.

[quote name='artisan' post='383797' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:40 AM']:P you're right there Chris,i nearly bought it back off you when you sold it on but didn't have the cash then.

it looks really cool with its new pickups on methinks.[/quote]

Yeah it sure does!!

well if you want to sell it on again at any point i might just have it back! hahaha round and round we go!! ;)