Why become a member? ×

Greetings from New Zealand

Modo74

Hi All, new member here.

Currently resident in Auckland NZ (since 2006) but born and (in)bred ;) in the Isle of Man. Been playing bass about 20 years, and probably should be a damn sight better than I am for the time I've been playing. I've had long layoffs from playing through the last 20 years though. Thats my excuse...

Not playing in a band at the moment, still waiting for the right one to come along. Prefer to play mellow acoustic type stuff. Seems to be a lot of "rrrrock" bands in this country....

My current rig is :-

Goodfellow Harlequin Bass (handmade by Bernie, early 80's)
1979 Ibanez Silver Series PJ (modded with SD QP pups and Badass II bridge)
Trace Elliot GP12SMX Head
SWR Goliath III 4x10 Cab

Photos of the basses below, no pics of the amp at the moment. (Ibanez pic is pre-mods)

I'm already a member on Talkbass, somebody mentioned this forum on there the other day so I thought I'd come check it out. Glad to be here! Cheers.

Edited by Modo74

[quote name='ben604' post='382804' date='Jan 17 2009, 09:45 AM']Hello from another New Zealand lover! Where in Auckland are you? My dad's in Birkenhead on the North Shore, which is strange because I live in Birkenhead on the Wirral...same place 11000 miles away... ;)[/quote]

Cheers mate, I'm on the other side of the bridge in South Auckland, Botany Downs to be precise.

[quote name='BeLow' post='382823' date='Jan 17 2009, 10:24 AM']Welcome mate good to see you here - I enjoyed my all to brief time in NZ - indeed a great country.

Nice basses too - I spoke to Bernie about those finishes he did when I met him a few months back - not sure if the pic is a bit out of focus or I have had a bit too much cider, but if I keep staring at it I am sure I will start seeing a picture of a naked lady or something.[/quote]

Cheers for the welcome mate. Yeah this is a fantastic place, just about every kind of scenery you could ask for from rolling fields to snowy mountains. And the weather! When Neil Finn wrote "Four Seasons in One Day" he wasn't joking...

Those pics are a little out of focus, not a great camera unfortunately. I've found that staring at the finish for too long can do strange things to ones eyes, never seen any nudity as yet though. I'll give it time, and more beer. ;) Lovely bass though.

Edited by Modo74

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='383204' date='Jan 18 2009, 02:15 AM']Welcome.

You may want to head here, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17506&st=300&#entry382835"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry382835[/url] and show off that GB of yours some more!

Jake[/quote]

Done!

Cheers for all the welcomes guys, much appreciated.