Why become a member? ×

Time to show my basses?

BeLow

• 6 months later...

The Wal now lives in Sweden,the guy purchased another 5 from me while he was over here in the summer and had that one with him.
Nice bass.

"[i]Ok I have sold this one now, bought second hand and sold to a low profile member on the old Bassworld, who I think has quite a WAL collection. This was to get a 'proper 5' and to allow me to play synthbass lines (it was a Midi) but the project never came off and tbh the bass never seemed right for me as it seemed to have a few mild dead spots - possibly due to the hollowed out fretboard. Unusually for a Wal it had an unfaced maple body - wonder where she is now? Seen here with all the interface units.[/i]"

Edited by walplayer

Weird innit about basses and their sound soloed/in the mix. Most of the mistakes I've made in the past have been down to this very thing. I'd buy a bass because it sounded wonderful soloed but as soon as I used it live (we don't have the luxury of rehearsals so I couldn't try them first) I'd often be dismayed to find that they turn to complete mush in the band mix. The best basses I've owned that sound great soloed and in the mix were my Bongos, which Peter bought off me.

Conversely, I've always found Ps don't sound that great soloed but playing with the band, there's not much better IMHO.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Jon, I remember your collection from the old site, especially for the beautiful Pangborn & also of course because you're the bloke with the TRB-6 II identical to mine. Fantastic collection you have there :)

My TRB has found itself a definitive role, with jazz bands, shows & for other extended range tasks. Excellent bass.

Rich.

• 1 month later...