Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVT-3PRO *SOLD*

Going to be selling a few bits and pieces over the next few weeks, first up is an [b]Ampeg SVT-3PRO[/b] 450w bass head.

£350, collection only from west London at the moment.

[attachment=1571:AmpegFrontTop.jpg]
[attachment=1572:AmpegTop.jpg]
[attachment=1573:AmpegBack.jpg]

Edited by Stickman

[quote name='rapscallion' post='41352' date='Aug 4 2007, 06:41 PM']Is it 450W at 4ohm?
And how loud would you say[/quote]

Yep, 450 watts @ 4 ohms, 275 watts @ 8 ohms.

[size=1]Edit:[/size] As for how loud, I found myself needing more headroom sometimes but then I've found that with every amp I've owned until I got my current 2,000 watt Crest power amp that is... :)

Edited by Stickman

[quote name='therealting' post='40590' date='Aug 2 2007, 06:46 PM']A bump for an awesome bass player. Saw you guys at Barfly (at the invitation of Charlie and Martin) and you were all superb and cool guys to chat with after![/quote]

Was that the To-Mera gig? I flippin missed it. Wish I'd got down to see it!

[quote name='G-bitch' post='41885' date='Aug 6 2007, 11:40 AM']Pair it with a good multi-speaker cab and volume won't be an issue - one of these through an 8x10 at a mates rehearsal space made me feel a bit queezy is was that loud! Damn good price too.[/quote]
Yep. An SVT3PRO with an 8x10 will sound great. Also try a 2x10 paired with a 1x15. I use Boogie/EVs and they are very loud.

[quote name='dood' post='41928' date='Aug 6 2007, 01:00 PM']Was that the To-Mera gig? I flippin missed it. Wish I'd got down to see it![/quote]

Yes, that was the one. Martin and Charlie (g**tarists for Linear Sphere) taught me when I was studying g**tar, and I see Dave Marks (who played on their first album before Steve joined) pretty regularly as well. To see Steve play those tunes on a fretless has to be seen to be believed! Plus he was a cool dude when I met him briefly after his set too. I ran into the To-Mera guitarist (Tom) at the London Guitar Show shortly after and he was also a top bloke.