Why become a member? ×

Ipad Mini Gen 1 still ok for Mackie Master Fader app?

lemmywinks

Ok used this last night, worked fine for adjusting my monitor mix and moving the faders was lag free. Was a bit of delay when swiping across the faders to access higher ones but it was usable.

Came in really handy as I had a stereo monitor mix for the first time and got it sounding crystal clear really quickly. 

Yes still very much usable and will be a much needed stopgap hopefully. My first gig with it coincided with our guitarist making up stereo cables for everyone (based on your recommendation in the in ear thread) so having direct control was incredibly useful.

After postage and buying a replacement screen protector it came to about £29 in total, finally got to use the lightning cables I bought in error months ago too!

• Like 1

The stereo setup sounds cool.  We're normally an 8- to 10-piece band, so including FOH, with 14 outputs perhaps I might be able to snag a spare second channel for myself, to try out stereo monitoring.  Is it easy enough to set up stereo monitoring just for me, without affecting the other settings?  Everyone else (IEM or floor monitors) would remain mono.  Bandleader (who is also the sound person) is completely accommodating and into the tech - but he also has many tasks to do at the gig so don't want to ask him if it's going to be too much an extra thing for him to have to deal with.

1 hour ago, jrixn1 said:

The stereo setup sounds cool.  We're normally an 8- to 10-piece band, so including FOH, with 14 outputs perhaps I might be able to snag a spare second channel for myself, to try out stereo monitoring.  Is it easy enough to set up stereo monitoring just for me, without affecting the other settings?  Everyone else (IEM or floor monitors) would remain mono.  Bandleader (who is also the sound person) is completely accommodating and into the tech - but he also has many tasks to do at the gig so don't want to ask him if it's going to be too much an extra thing for him to have to deal with.

Its pretty easy - all you have do, click on the aux and do a link over channel like you do in the preamp channel view. So for example, if you chose to link over aux 1 and 2 channels, aux 1 would be stereo and then aux 2 would be on output 3.

• Like 1