Why become a member? ×

Some basses for sale...

Matte_black

Hello! I need to get rid of these axes as I have too many puppies around...
The first one is a hand made piccolo bass strung with new LaBella. It's 32" with Ovangkol/Maple neck and Wengé fingerboard. The body is Maple/Zebrawood, has EMG pickups and black brass hardware.
The second one is a Yamaha BBN5 in Walnut finish. You know the bass, it sounds extremely good for the price. The Low B sounds amazing.

£200 for the piccolo, £100 for the BBN. Pics asap. I can add a Yamaha hard case for extra money.

[quote name='Matte_black' post='39841' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:04 AM']Hello! I need to get rid of these axes as I have too many puppies around...
The first one is a hand made piccolo bass strung with new LaBella. It's 32" with Ovangkol/Maple neck and Wengé fingerboard. The body is Maple/Zebrawood, has EMG pickups and black brass hardware.
The second one is a Yamaha BBN5 in Walnut finish. You know the bass, it sounds extremely good for the price. The Low B sounds amazing.

£200 for the piccolo, £100 for the BBN. Pics asap. I can add a Yamaha hard case for extra money.[/quote]
Wouldn't mind a pic of the Yamaha.

Here are the pics. Sorry for the long waiting...

By the way I'm based in Italy but shipping price is fair, about £30 or so.

About the basses: the BBN is a great main instrument. It's solid, reliable and sounds very good for the price. The neck is steady and the action is low without problems.
The piccolo bass is basically a custom 32" bass with piccolo strings. It can be strung standard if so desired. It's very woody sounding and bright. The finish is a bit on the rough side but at this price is a steal. Both basses come without case, I can ship them as they are or dismounted. Cases available upon request.

• 2 weeks later...