Why become a member? ×

Sold. Baby Sumo
£200
Edinburgh

krispn

Compact, pedal board friendly power amp. I've tried this with various pre amps and it's got a great responsive feel. Slaps and pop's are quick and immediate and it holds it's own well. Pairs really nicely with my Aguilar Tone Hammer DI. This 'mini rig' is vastly lighter than my main gigging amps, the Baby Sumo is only 1.5kg and nestles comfortably on my Pedal Train Jr board. I can imagine paired to a Helix Stomp and a 110 or 112 for the ultimate mini rig where manageable stage volume and tight space is real concern or one simply needs compact and easy to transport gear.

The Baby Sumo comes with its own branded carry case and the price includes next day UK shipping. Spec sheet is below and lifted from the GSS website.

Pic's to follow

Taken from the GSS website...

Black steel and aluminium (front and back panels) enclosure. Laser printed front and back panels.

Inputs/outputs and controls : 1/4" (6,35mm) input jack connector on the front panel. Neutrik Speakon loudspeaker output connector on the back panel. One on/off power switch. Massive pure aluminium volume control.

Dimensions:
5.2 x 3.2 x 8 inches / 13 x 8 x 20 centimeters (Width x Height x Depth)

Weight: 3.3 Lbs (1,5 Kg)

Technical data:

Power: 600 Watts over 4 Ohms; 300 Watts over 8 Ohms; 150 Watts over 16 Ohms.

THD (at full power): < 0,1 %

Input impedance: 10 K Ohms

Power voltage: 180-264 Volts ac

Frequency response (-1dB): 20-20000 Hz

Edited by krispn

Ha! Yeah it's a surprisingly potent little unit and paired with my 112 cab it was ideal for the small pub gigs (I play with a country band and some gigs are just low volume, tight for space gigs). The 212 is overkill and I can put the fiddle player's 1x8 combo and amp stand atop the 112 keep things compact with this rig. The TH character comes across nicely. I've used other pre amp's in and it puts out the voice of whichever pre is used with it - it's a good neutral platform!

I'll be going direct to desk for the smaller gigs now as there's some new pa kit on the scene!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • ped locked this topic