Why become a member? ×

Fender Case from '69 for completists/collectors

Hey

There are quite a few 'transition era' basses on the go just now, so I thought I would throw this into the marketplace...

[attachment=18347:full_face.jpg] [attachment=18348:inside.jpg] [attachment=18349:fff.jpg]

This is post-tweed, white and brown and before the 'typical' black buffalo hide vinyl case we all know and love.

The tolex has some challenges adn it is missing a foot, but it is otherwise tasty and oh-so-yellow inside!

Has to be worth a few bob, but where does one start?

Lotsa other photos for anyone seriously interested.

This thread will probabaly sit in the archives forever - but at least you know where there is one for sale...

...for when you get your '69 Jazz!!!!!

The ferret is extra......

Edited by Thornybank

[quote name='Weird War' post='374925' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:21 AM']Beedster's just got a '69 Jazz so may be along shortly... not sure if he needs a ferret though.[/quote]

LOL
I've already spoken to Mr Thornybank but I'm certainly not going to consider a deal without the ferret - it's in the ad so it's part of the sale as far as I'm concerned!

[quote name='Beedster' post='374926' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:24 AM']LOL
I've already spoken to Mr Thornybank but I'm certainly not going to consider a deal without the ferret - it's in the ad so it's part of the sale as far as I'm concerned![/quote]

Is the ferret all original or a reliced aftermarket part though? Check behind the teeth for a date stamp. There's been a lot of "counterferret" goods about lately...

Edited by Weird War