Why become a member? ×

Patch Cable help.

DanOwens

Hey guys,

I searched the forum to find cheap George Ls, but the links I found direct me to prices higher than posted (I can only assume there have been price increases based on the performance of the £).

I use the same brightly coloured bits of crap that everyone else starts with, and I love their small footprint over a large Neutrik jack. I'm not a tonophile, but I don't want something crap.

What do you guys suggest?

Dan

Not sure if they meet yr footprint criteria, but I've been thinking about picking up a Planet Waves solderless pedal board kit. From what I understand, it's a similar concept to George L's. They're going for around £35 for a pack of 10 jacks and a roll of cable over on ebay.

Edited by redzombie

Adam Hall patch leads - metal connectors / well made / good screening £2.50 or less

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='371362' date='Jan 5 2009, 08:39 PM']Hey guys,

I searched the forum to find cheap George Ls, but the links I found direct me to prices higher than posted (I can only assume there have been price increases based on the performance of the £).

I use the same brightly coloured bits of crap that everyone else starts with, and I love their small footprint over a large Neutrik jack. I'm not a tonophile, but I don't want something crap.

Dan[/quote]

[quote name='TheBrokenDoor' post='371362' date='Jan 5 2009, 08:39 PM']Hey guys,

Dan[/quote]

I've just re-wired my board with George L's because I couldn't find anything else that:
1). you can have precisely the cable length you want, 'cos you cut it yourself.
2). has jacks as small, or
3). cable as slim (it really is skinny: just a few mm thick).

Hard to tell if they sound better than the multi-coloured crap ones, as I don't have an identical board with the old cables to a/b with :P

IMHO, robustness isn't really a factor, as pedalboard patch cables don't get moved alot/twisted around/trodden on, unlike instrument cable - unless hobnail boots are your footwear of choice ;) The only way I can see them failing is if the screws comes loose...

You may not notice any tonal difference especially given the short lengths involved but you probably get better screening against rfi, 'computer' electronic noise etc.

[quote name='JonnyM' post='375508' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:36 PM']I've just re-wired my board with George L's because I couldn't find anything else that:
1). you can have precisely the cable length you want, 'cos you cut it yourself.
2). has jacks as small, or
3). cable as slim (it really is skinny: just a few mm thick).

Hard to tell if they sound better than the multi-coloured crap ones, as I don't have an identical board with the old cables to a/b with :P

IMHO, robustness isn't really a factor, as pedalboard patch cables don't get moved alot/twisted around/trodden on, unlike instrument cable - unless hobnail boots are your footwear of choice ;) The only way I can see them failing is if the screws comes loose...[/quote]

Edited by rmorris