Why become a member? ×

Looking for nitro or General good custom painter

J66Bass

I m not sure if I’m in the right column to talk but I’m looking for a guitar spray  painter ( bass body) to be re spray for my precision, any recommendations, I live in Sw London but I can post the body anywhere .. thanks for your help  

Had a bass body resprayed by Jack's Instrument Services in Manchester (http://www.jacksinstrumentservices.com/). I had already stripped the old finish but they'll do it for you (and they had to do a bit of work on the body I sent... ahem). Was very pleased with the result. Turn around time was quite long - early November 2014 to beginning of February 2015 (just checked the emails) but that was because it was a really cold winter and the nitro took ages to dry - Jack kept me well informed of progress - never had to bug him. Finish was gloss nitro and it was smooth and very nicely polished up. Other's will be along with other recommendations but I'm very happy to recommend Jack (with the slight caveat that this was nearly five years ago...) :)

Edit: Oh yeah, price was around £200 which I thought was very good for what I ended up with. (Prices may have risen... yeah, £280, but I think that includes stripping the original finish...)

Edited by anzoid
  • Like 1