Why become a member? ×

Barefaced BB2 cover.

dave_bass5

Im about to (possibly) order a BB2, it will be my second one. I know ive not been completely complementarity about my old BB2, but i feel i need to give it another go.

On the BF website the cost for a cover is about ££80. Looking on the Roqsolid website it seems they do a cover for £40 (which i had one before).

Does anyone know if there is a difference? Is the one from BF better? Its quite a big difference cost wise.

I've bought from both and the official Barefaced one is better having padding where the Roqsolid one, whilst not at all bad, is not padded at all on the basic version.

It just depends how much protection you think you need.  I move my own gear in my own car so the unpadded one would do okay for me.  You might need more protection in a band van etc.

I love my BB2 Dave and I was really surprised that you didn't get along with your first one.  It's the one cab I get regular positive comments on from other musos and punters alike.

I won't be parting with mine.  Paired with my Thunderfunk 550 is when the most compliments come, but with other heads as well, people seem to notice and like the sound.

Frank.

That's a lot of money for a cover, if you can find somewhere else that makes them then you can probably halve that. I got one made by Bacsew for my little EA cab and it came to £20/£25 (can't remember which, it was a while ago) and miles better than anything by Roqsolid:

https://www.bacsew.co.uk

He's down the road from me so I don't know how much postage is.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Ive had/have the basic Roqsiold covers in the past and they have been fine, it’s only to stop the cabs getting scratched in the car. I don’t need or want to pay extra for protection I’ll not need .

Since I started this thread things have changed, and I’ve sourced a Fearless F112 instead. This was my first. choice but it seemed impossible to get one in the time frame I wanted. 

I loved the BB2 at first, but after a couple of gigs I felt it lacked mid punch. Now my tastes have changed, and I’ve got my old 1212L out of my system I want something lighter than I have at the moment, something I can carry with one hand so I’m more lily to use it for gigs and rehearsals. My Rs212 is just a bit too heavy to cart up and down the stairs. Having played though a F112 a while ago the seed was planted. I would have been happy with a BB2, but the F112 really appeals to me. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 2