Why become a member? ×

Sold **** 1983 Standard P Bass in White

sixshooter

[attachment=17968:1983_P_Front.jpg]

[attachment=17972:1983_P_Back.jpg]

[attachment=17970:1983_P_Body.jpg]

[attachment=17971:1983_P_Body_Back.jpg]

It is time to make some room, as I use my Black 79 and CS 59 most of the time this great Bass is just sitting in its case and needs a new home. The condition for the year is very good, A couple of paint cracks on the front, (about the size of a thumb nail), and buckle rash on the back. The body still has that shine to it, as does the neck.

As far as I can tell it is all original, although the Pickguard is single ply white rather than three ply, I have afeeling that it was on the White ones though, (if you know different let me know).

This bass has the Schaller Clover Leaf tuners, the beefed up base plate for the bridge, white PUP covers, and bi-flex truss rod.

2008 Vintage Guitar price guide shows value at between $900 - $1,500, (at todays rate equiv to £750 - £1,250), so I am looking for a sensible offer somewher in that range.

Edited by sixshooter

[quote name='Hutton' post='374586' date='Jan 8 2009, 10:59 PM']I have the same bass except with a rosewood board. To get a Fullerton Bass of this era for £700 is incredible value. Somebody must surely be interested.[/quote]

You are spot on there Hutton, I bought it at a very low price a couple of years ago, never used it so somone is going to benefit from that, and the fact that I am gassing for another Bass on this forum!

[quote name='sixshooter' post='374777' date='Jan 9 2009, 08:58 AM']You are spot on there Hutton, I bought it at a very low price a couple of years ago, never used it so somone is going to benefit from that, and the fact that I am gassing for another Bass on this forum![/quote]
'Fess up mush.

[quote name='Hutton' post='374816' date='Jan 9 2009, 09:43 AM']I am a child of the fifties, would you therefore mind translating your post for me.[/quote]
Why kind sir, I think the honourable gentleman from the delightful seafront location of Portsmouth is trying to ask which particular electric bass guitar doth Mr Shooter covet?

Or is that vernacular from the 1850s? :)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='374818' date='Jan 9 2009, 09:46 AM']Why kind sir, I think the honourable gentleman from the delightful seafront location of Portsmouth is trying to ask which particular electric bass guitar doth Mr Shooter covet?

Or is that vernacular from the 1850s? :)[/quote]

Many thanks. Your translation is much appreciated. :huh:

[quote name='johnnylager' post='374781' date='Jan 9 2009, 09:06 AM']'Fess up mush.[/quote]

Looks like I won't be getting what I was after so I would rather not Fess up, however I will leave the offer up at £700 for a week. If it does not go then I will put it on Ebay.

If it does not make the price I will keep it, I am sure it won't go down in value as much as cash is at the moment!

;)