Why become a member? ×

Warwick double buck

big cat

Hi,

Streamer's have always been a little more pricey than Corvette's and I'm certain that the Streamer $$ has the curved shape - as oppose to the vette which is flat. So I guess the cost to make the streamer will be more as it will be made of more than one piece of wood. Another factor may be that the corvette is doing very well and Warwick have made plenty. I'm willing to bet that less Streamers have been made and distributed so the Streamer will be at a slight premium.

As purplepea said, the Streamer is multi-laminated with a curved top, so it's more expensive to produce. They're both excellent basses, though. I have the Corvette version & it's output and sheer power are biblical. I actually sold my original one to fund a classic Status bass last year, but ended up buying another one as I missed it. Excellent all-rounder.

Rich.

The Streamer $$ also has a maple neck, whereas the Corvette is Ovangkol. I don't think that can have any effect on price, but it is worth taking into account - to me the Ovangkol neck actually feels nicer than than the maple one. I'm pretty sure the elctronics are the same on both.

I've got the Corvette $$ and have to say it is a fantastically versatile bass. As others have said, the main difference seems to be the extra production costs for the Streamer body.

[quote name='big cat' post='368681' date='Jan 2 2009, 07:20 PM']Cheers, guys.

I own a Corvette standard, i love it, just want to upgrade now.

Somebody told me Corvette sounds darker than Streamer overrall :)

If it's just a different shape, perhaps i will get the Corvette Version.[/quote]
hey there I have the streamer $$ and I have to say that when I A/B the corvette and streamer the
corvette sounded a lot darker purely because of (IMO) the ovangkol neck. If anything the streamer
sounded more like a Fender simply because of the flammed maple neck - but don't be fooled - it still growls like a tamer warwick on a leash!
Also take into account that the streamer has an enkanga veneer and a shaped body. I also chose the streamer because I loved the styling of the body-so smooth.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='369554' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:25 PM']Streamers look cool :) Corvettes look weird :wacko:

IMO!![/quote]

And for me it's just the opposite - I'd have a natural swamp ash Corvette before any other Warwick!

Good thing we don't all have the same taste, or there'd be just one bass on the market, only in standard, budget and all-exotic-woods-gold-hardware-n-LEDs versions :huh:

[quote name='PVTele' post='369559' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:31 PM']Good thing we don't all have the same taste, or there'd be just one bass on the market, only in standard, budget and all-exotic-woods-gold-hardware-n-LEDs versions :huh:[/quote]

:)

[quote name='big cat' post='368681' date='Jan 2 2009, 06:20 PM']Cheers, guys.

I own a Corvette standard, i love it, just want to upgrade now.

Somebody told me Corvette sounds darker than Streamer overrall :)

If it's just a different shape, perhaps i will get the Corvette Version.[/quote]

I see someone is selling a $$ Corvette on this site for £450 - not me before you ask

[quote name='megallica' post='370624' date='Jan 5 2009, 09:09 AM']I see someone is selling a $$ Corvette on this site for £450 - not me before you ask[/quote]

If you mean the one OutToPlayJazz had for sale, I think that's just sold. I have an identical one which I might be interested in selling as I have Gas for a Stingray!

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='369554' date='Jan 3 2009, 08:25 PM']Streamers look cool :) Corvettes look weird :wacko:

IMO!![/quote]
Those Spector wannabees are alright I suppose :huh: , but I must agree about the Corvette. I just know I would end up holding the top horn thing and this in turn would provoke jibes about my sexuality and result in a fight. Mind you, the W on the headstock would probably do that.