big rob

Changed my mind remove please now keeping. !!!!!Nightingale Bass 4 String bass guitar, Custom British built bass for mass production money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW £800 !!!!!!!!!!was £875!
£875
kidlington Oxfordshire

Nice looking bass - surprised there hasn't been more interest.

GLWTS.

Never heard of the bass, but I will be in Kidlington tomorrow! Sadly, I am a bit short of spare money at the moment.

23 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

Never heard of the bass, but I will be in Kidlington tomorrow! Sadly, I am a bit short of spare money at the moment.

Your welcome to pop in and try her if we are about at the same time.

1 hour ago, big rob said:

Your welcome to pop in and try her if we are about at the same time.

I'm bringing my wife over (we live near Witney) to have her nails done, so I'll be a loose end for a while between 11.00 and 14.00 (no idea why it takes so long!).

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

I'm bringing my wife over (we live near Witney) to have her nails done, so I'll be a loose end for a while between 11.00 and 14.00 (no idea why it takes so long!).

Will ask the wife what we are up too chap and get back to you 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bassfan said:

No PM Rob?? 

Have tried again, can you pm me if you have not received it as i am sure i have sent twice now 

Kidlington's off today, her beautician just called to cancel, she's unwell. 

GLWTS, looks like a real bargain, but I've spent far too much in the last couple of months (sadly none of it on musical gear).

Edited by FinnDave

Will do - but I am trying not to place too much temptation in front of myself at the moment! Not that that's ever worked before.

Look these things dont come up often and when they do they have seen alot of use. This ones as new.... dont live in regret chap 😁🤪😜

Is there really no love for the nightingale, it really is amazing, come for a cup of tea and try her out. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jamesbur
      Temporary Price drop to £650 for two weeks, get it whilst its cheap!! (will ship within mainland UK for additional £35)
      I'm somewhat reluctantly selling my Pro series Warwick Star Bass 5 string. This bass is the older model made in Korea (not the current Chinese made Rockbass model) and is 34" scale rather than the current 32" scale basses. The bass is in overall very good condition with a few belt buckle scratches on the back (pictured) but otherwise very clean (the 3/4 pic of the front shows finger-print smears, not scratches!). The bass is finished in high-gloss 'Nirvana black' with cream binding on front and back. The pickups are the standard Warwick chrome plated MEC (the logo has rubbed off the neck pickup a little bit) and the electronics are stock passive with pickup selector switch (neck, both, bridge). There are some minor finish imperfections such as some small marks on the side of the fret-board, etc but these have been present from new. The star bass is a semi hollow-body design with a centre sustain block and a set neck which is glued to the body. The frets on this model are brass (rather than the nickle frets on the newer model). Comes with original Warwick strap-locks (which are ok but not great quality) and original adjustment tools.
      The bass cost me about £1600 new from Thomann a few years back and has been a reliable workhorse, gigged mainly on relatively tame 60's cover band gigs where it fits perfectly in terms of style and tone. Comes with a sturdy Hiscox hardcase (shown in pictures) which on its own cost me well over £100.
      Buyer collects from Norwich (or will meet halfway if within 100 miles of Norwich). Payment on collection with either cash or bank transfer.
      EDIT: Added demo video with audio recorded directly with no compression or EQ. (video at bottom of images)

bass demo-hardware.mp4
    • By hiram.k.hackenbacker
      I've been very lucky in being able to own many incredible basses in my life, but there are still a few that have eluded me for various reasons.
      Partly inspired by @AndyTravis's thread regarding his dream bass, I've decided that life is indeed too short and I'm going after the some of the few that I really want before I croak it.
      For sale, a mint condition Status Series 3. No trades as that would defeat the object of selling it in the first place.
      The spec on this is as follows:
      Through neck Headed 4 String Completed December 2016 Fretted Woven carbon graphite neck Black phenolic fingerboard 34" scale Standard string spacing (which equates to 19mm) Kevasingo Pomelle top wood Utile back wood Maple Faux binding High gloss polyester finish 2 x soap-bar pick-ups Status 303 circuit board Gold hardware Gold straplocks Single ball end Status Graphite Hex Core 'Hotwire' strings (40-60-80-100) Comes with Status moulded hard case and papers shown The weight of this bass is 9.48lbs This is a cracking bass that has hardly been touched, let alone rehearsed with and certainly not gigged.
      The pictures taken from the side show that there are no scratches south of the G string which is common for high gloss finish basses. It really is a peach.
      If you wanted Rob to build you one now it would be just north of £2,900, plus a fairly long wait.
      Shipping: I'm happy to ship this bass to any UK address for cost via Basschat's affiliate EUROSENDER. 

• By Matte_black
      Hello! Selling this very nice '88, completely "restored" and cleaned. EMG 2 bands preamp and the original EMG JJ configuration.
      No cracks, no repairs, sounds and plays as you would expect. Comes with gig bag, ready to play with a fresh set of Warwick stainless steel strings 40-100 and low action.
      Not lightweight, as you'd expect from a bass made of Bubinga and Wengé. Of course I have more pictures, if interested drop me a line.
      I'm in Italy, would ship by UPS (shipping is INCLUDED in the price). Have feedbacks here and on ebay. PayPal is fine.
      My feedback on BC: 

• By nige1968
      More pics Turns out I really need £350, and how is this German-built five-string two-pickup bass not worth such a paltry amount? Rhetorical question, btw.
      Anyway, AYMBA, before the Rockbass thing, Warwick produced these entry-level passive Streamers in Germany. This one is the 5-string, 2-pickup model, built in September 2000. The body is carolena (pine, apparently) and the neck is ovangkol. Natural oil finish and one-piece bridge. Sounds very nice too, though the output seems a bit quieter than most basses -- I understand that's down to the pots used on this model, but haven't got around to replacing them. Proper solid chunky wood, hence 4.2kg / 9.26lb. Comes in a Warwick gig bag ('proudly made with RokTex©'). Some wear and tear to the body if you look closely. Strung low E to high C.
      Sorry, no overseas postage. Sensible offers entertained. Not keen to post, but might.

• By big rob
      This bass is just amazing, it is as new and has hardly been played, never left the house. 
      Fender have told me that only 212 of these basses where made worldwide and only 12 for the UK market. 
      Its made in the USA and comes with its own very special case also. 

20200213_180352.mp4