Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan

steve-soar

[quote name='Josh' post='367065' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:38 PM']Having a belief is fair enough, but when its one as ridiculous as Scientology, it's just very hard to take someone as smart as he is, seriously. I find it hard to take anyone seriously if they swear by fairy tales.[/quote]

if you ask me, the idea of any religion is ridiculous, yet my best friends a christian and neither of us feel the need to hold it against each other. people have their beliefs, and provided they dont try and force them upon us, its fine by me. hence, i cant see other peoples problems with billy sheehans scientology beliefs.

how is a man being born of a virgin birth, turning water into wine, walking on water, etc. then coming back from the dead, not to mention being the son of a "god", who is creator of the universe, who is all knowing, all loving, all powerful, and who is everywhere yet cannot be seen, how is that more believable than scientology?

Edited by LWTAIT

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='367068' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:43 PM']if you ask me, the idea of any religion is ridiculous, yet my best friends a christian and neither of us feel the need to hold it against each other.

how is a man being born of a virgin birth, turning water into wine, walking on water, etc. then coming back from the dead, not to mention being the son of a "god", who is creator of the universe, who is all knowing, all loving, all powerful, and who is everywhere yet cannot be seen, how is that more believable than scientology?[/quote]

If he dosne't need to choke you with his beliefs then you shouldn't ever have any reason to argue.

Neither is more believable, one is just more ridiculous from the offset, the other is just so self contradictory and inconsistent it is just as ridiculous in the long run.

[quote name='Dmanlamius' post='367075' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:53 PM']Uh oh...

Discussion on religion approacheth...

I'm out.[/quote]

Don't worry, I was just giving LWTAIT an answer.

Sheehan is a beast, that goes without saying, although I wasn't blown away when he and Niacin did a version of Birdland, Sheehans harsh tone and ever present fills kind of robbed the song of what it made so great in the first place.

[quote name='Josh' post='367070' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:46 PM']If he dosne't need to choke you with his beliefs then you shouldn't ever have any reason to argue.

Neither is more believable, one is just more ridiculous from the offset, the other is just so self contradictory and inconsistent it is just as ridiculous in the long run.[/quote]

he doesnt choke me with his beliefs, but neither does sheehan so i dont see any reason to complain.

and which is which? IMO they both apply to christianity, or at least, the bible.

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='367111' date='Dec 31 2008, 02:29 PM']he doesnt choke me with his beliefs, but neither does sheehan so i dont see any reason to complain.

and which is which? IMO they both apply to christianity, or at least, the bible.[/quote]

Fair enough :).

Just look it up man.

Well, I met Billy years ago at one of his bass clinics in Wapping(yep ,that long ago)
I found him the perfect gent,who is very modest despite being one of the best ever Bass players.
(most people would probably agree with me on that score) :huh:

Years ago I met Lemmy in the city mid afternoon. We chatted for about half an hour. :huh:
How many so called rock star wannabe's would ever do that?Some would, but not many.
Met Lemmy a few times after that,and he remembered me. :huh:

B T W : Saw Mr. Big gig at Hammy O and the sound was dire, and the atmosphere was like
kate moss's chest ..flat! Billy's solo was muffled and inaudible.
Happens to the best of 'em I guess.

Thing is , I think that you should take everyone as you see them and not worry about their beliefs.
Live and let live etc.

Is it true that Billy fell out with Paul Gilbert ,if so why? :)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='367123' date='Dec 31 2008, 02:47 PM']Well, I met Billy years ago at one of his bass clinics in Wapping(yep ,that long ago)
I found him the perfect gent,who is very modest despite being one of the best ever Bass players.
(most people would probably agree with me on that score) :huh:

Years ago I met Lemmy in the city mid afternoon. We chatted for about half an hour. :huh:
How many so called rock star wannabe's would ever do that?Some would, but not many.
Met Lemmy a few times after that,and he remembered me. :huh:

B T W : Saw Mr. Big gig at Hammy O and the sound was dire, and the atmosphere was like
kate moss's chest ..flat! Billy's solo was muffled and inaudible.
Happens to the best of 'em I guess.

Thing is , I think that you should take everyone as you see them and not worry about their beliefs.
Live and let live etc.

Is it true that Billy fell out with Paul Gilbert ,if so why? :)[/quote]

Wapping...those were the days, I was there too Ampeg with "Billy's Back" promotion, wasn't there a guy from Uriah Heap there too? Still got the photo's somewhere and my signed Ampeg pic :huh:

[quote name='Jase' post='367182' date='Dec 31 2008, 03:59 PM']Wapping...those were the days, I was there too Ampeg with "Billy's Back" promotion, wasn't there a guy from Uriah Heap there too? Still got the photo's somewhere and my signed Ampeg pic :)[/quote]
Yeah..think it was Ken Hensley :huh: That was a great night :huh:

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='367058' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:30 PM']oh, and whats with his trousers in this video :)

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7RfMwF4Vg&feature=related"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7RfMwF4Vg&...feature=related[/url][/quote]

That clip was awesome! Gotta love a bit of showmanship, my whole reputation's based on it!

[quote name='Jase' post='366952' date='Dec 31 2008, 11:30 AM']I really don't think anyone's beliefs should make a difference, it isn't important to me at all. Respect is due to anyone who stands up for what they believe in, whether I agree or not.[/quote]

Abso-bloody-lutely. Scientologists can be annoying, but then so are evangalists of any religion. Billy seems a nice enough guy and certainly has chops up the wazzoo. If Scientology floats his boat and helps him play better, then fair play to him.

I saw him back in the day with Mr Big, brilliant player, but I didn't like his tone. Not once during the gig was religion mentioned by anyone. Funny that :)

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='367058' date='Dec 31 2008, 01:30 PM']oh, and whats with his trousers in this video :)

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7RfMwF4Vg&feature=related"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qv7RfMwF4Vg&...feature=related[/url][/quote]
Thanks for that clip, not seen it before – brilliant!!