Why become a member? ×

Bacchus 24F (Sold)

ped

Hi everyone,

As this is my mose recent purchase I am having to let it go first. I won't be back at work for some time having just had an operation and need a fair amount of cash to pay off some overdraft and give me room to pay my bills until I am back on my feet.

I recently imported this bass after being so impressed with my other Bacchus bass. This one does not dissapoint - an extremely rich and full sound with excellent build and unique looks. It weighs very little (will get the scales out for those interested) and has a 2 band pre-amp which seems to me to be extremely powerful and very nice sounding.

The spacing at the bridge is 18mm and is 34" scale. Here are a couple of short samples of the bass:

[url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass%20guitar%20samples/Bacchus%2024F%20Hum%20Custom%205%20jam.mp3"]Another clip here[/url]

As you can hear it has an incredibly tight and sweet tone with a really glassy top end.

I would definitely not be selling this if I had money coming in in the forseeable future, but my loss can be your gain. It comes with a padded medium/high quality gigbag with the logo on the front and strap.

I am looking for offers in the region of £750 which is a good price considering the order and import costs from new.

Finally here are some specs:

BODY : ALDER
NECK : 3pcs MAPLE
SCALE : 34INCH, 6 bolt
FINGERBOARD : ROSEWOOD
TUNER : GOTOH GB7
PICKUPS : HMC JB-ALV CUSTOM (Bacchus original pickup made by Keiyo in right here Matsumoto, with rosewood pickup cover)
PREAMPS : HMC EB-1
BRIDGE : BACCHUS DB
CONTROL:1VOL, 1BALANCE, 1TREBLE, ・1BASS
FINISH : THIN LACQUER NB (No Buffing)-FINISH

Feel free to come and have a go if you are near Oxford. If you come to look you will go home with it! Mint condition except a tiny nick on the back somewhere.

Pics:

I'm sorry you have to sell this lovely bass, ped. Best of luck with the sale though, if I wasn't being forced to downsize my collection then I would love to take this off your hands. That's a serious bargain for some lucky BC'er!

Cheers Mokl, coming from a man with impeccable taste.

The woods used in this bass are fantastic - the rosewood board is lovely, a greally grainy piece of wood that looks really rich, and sounds it too!

My thoughts EXACTLY mate - as soon as I heard it that was what immediately sprung to mind. With the EQ boosted (it seems to have bckets of boost avaliable) I can really drive my compressor and get an even more Ken Smith sound from it. This is why it is a brilliant addition to my collection!

You can hear in this clip the bass by itself, and a bit more of the Kien Smith character - Kiwi mentioned how it sounds almost Wenge like too with its growl:

[url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass%20guitar%20samples/Bacchus%2024F%20Hum%20Custom%205%20jam.mp3"]http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishisc...m%205%20jam.mp3[/url]

You are really doing a good job of talkimg me round into keeping this one!!

ped

Cheers mate - it is on a stand next to me and I keep looking at it. I really kind of hope nobody buys it!!!

I did consider having some kids and selling them, but that won't pay out for at least 9 months which is a pain. Definitely part of a bigger plan though.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='38072' date='Jul 28 2007, 10:29 AM']If you pay me £600 you can have it for £200.[/quote]
Aaarh! I can see that you are a shrewd and skilled negotiator. I'll need to give this some serious thought :)

Indeed - 'No Buffing' it is a very very thin coat of paint which apparently does not affect the sound of the bass like a thick laquer might. To the eye it looks basically like any shiny finish but with a kind of sprayed effect rather than completely smooth buffed finish. Difficult to describe, and photograph!!

Passive soundclip as requested [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass%20guitar%20samples/Bacchus%2024F%20Hum%20Custom%205%20passive.mp3.mp3"] avaliable here[/url]

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='39520' date='Jul 31 2007, 02:06 PM']Passive soundclip as requested [url="http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass%20guitar%20samples/Bacchus%2024F%20Hum%20Custom%205%20passive.mp3.mp3"] avaliable here[/url]

Cheers
ped[/quote]
Thanks Ped - will check it out and get back to you,

Nik

Sickeningly nice sounding ain'it! - Hey Ped! When I get ma Pod, I'll have to trade some presets with you!

(and sneak out with the B24 stowed away under my jacket tee hee hee!)