Why become a member? ×

DIGITAL VILLAGE

:) Hi everyone, merry Christmas to all :huh:
Ireceived the above on Monday. The items were well packed, delivered promptly
(altho' my neighbour signed for them).
Trouble is, the items are marked :huh:

BTW :When items are delivered you are supposed to sign items as checked
(ie open everything/or sign unchecked).

Anyway ,as the marks are not too bad I may decide to keep them.
Pics below.

One question I do have :is it correct that one speaker should have more treble than the other?
(altho' I haven't the correct leads for them ,I did a quick test with similar quality leads
and there is sound coming out of them but 1 is less tebly than the other) :huh:

As they were under£115.00 I don't wanna go the route of sending them back,
and possibly losing out.

Please help with your comments

Cheers

If bought online and you have all the original packaging in tact, you can return them under the Consumer Protection Act (Distance Selling Regulations) 2000 within 7 working days for a full refund (less delivery costs). You don't need a reason to do this, simply contact the seller and explain that you wish to return them, you can tell them why if you wish and they will probably replace them if they have any sense.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='362944' date='Dec 24 2008, 04:38 PM']One question I do have :is it correct that one speaker should have more treble than the other?
(altho' I haven't the correct leads for them ,I did a quick test with similar quality leads
and there is sound coming out of them but 1 is less tebly than the other) :)[/quote]

No, they should be identical.

[quote name='P-T-P' post='362954' date='Dec 24 2008, 04:56 PM']If bought online and you have all the original packaging in tact, you can return them under the Consumer Protection Act (Distance Selling Regulations) 2000 within 7 working days for a full refund (less delivery costs). You don't need a reason to do this, simply contact the seller and explain that you wish to return them, you can tell them why if you wish and they will probably replace them if they have any sense.[/quote]

The best solution for me is if,they sent replacement pair and I give them faulty(?)
ones at the same time saving me courier fees :)

just sent them feedback(enclosed was a leaflet advising me to do so)
Will give 'em a call after boxing day.

(will buy correct leads , just to make sure)I tried each one individually , so may not have full picture.

If sound is ok ,I'll leave it.Don't need hassle.

They look great on shelf.

After leaving feedback,I got 2 responses.mehanijacquinis out of office till mid jan,
so i forwarded it onto patrice maynadier .Barry smith has left co.
so forwarded onto eastlondon.co.uk etc.

I asked for exchange and asked for them to send courier with replacement
and I to give driver faulty pair.
I also told them I p osted problem here. I mentioned that if problem was solved amicably ,
I would leave good feedback to all.

Hope they do it this way

Send 'em back & buy a pair of Carillon AM-05s, similar spec & currently being practically given away for £50 a pair in the [url="http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-detail.asp?prod=194"]Reverb sale[/url]. I got a pair of these at Music Live (£60 then) to use with my desktop PC and have been blown away by them. I have a pair of Spirit Absolute 2s for my studio setup & the Carillons are easily as good, if not better.

Jon.

Thanks for your help, thought I'd give you an update.

Tina Brewster(assistant returns manager) dealt with the problem quickly.
UPS picked up faulty pair on 27 dec, however the replacement pair have not been sent
and there has been no commun ication.(I know it's christmas season,but they should have been despatched the same day surely) :)

So, I give DV a call, got put through to correct dept. by reception,(no problem there)
after listening to music I get cut off!! I tried again, the same thing happened!! :huh: :huh:

So, I go on their website, log in to feedback/complaints,and asked them if customer service exists there ..
..or should I go elsewhere?I am awaiting the next episode. :huh:

Iknow customer service does not exist in most cases and they probably would like to tell me where to go,
but I'll see what happens next and keep you informed.

Cheers :huh:

[quote name='Bassassin' post='363386' date='Dec 25 2008, 07:41 PM']Send 'em back & buy a pair of Carillon AM-05s, similar spec & currently being practically given away for £50 a pair in the [url="http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/product-detail.asp?prod=194"]Reverb sale[/url]. I got a pair of these at Music Live (£60 then) to use with my desktop PC and have been blown away by them. I have a pair of Spirit Absolute 2s for my studio setup & the Carillons are easily as good, if not better.

Jon.[/quote]
Thanks for that. Isn't it always the way? You know, once you purchase something (or pay for something)
somebody knows a better deal elsewhere? :)
I have just complained(see below),if I receive items next week I will put it down to
experience.Iknow ,I know :huh: But this was the best deal I saw at the time and if they arrive
in the proper condition I won't care too much as Im not losing hundereds/thousands :huh:

Cheers

I was in their Brum shop today buying me new toy (Kaoss Pad) and I have nothing but good things to say (long story)!

I reckon the problem might be down to the UPS shipping; there was a bloke who was checking out a guitar, and then noticed that it had a huge bump (more of a smash, and the inlay on the fretboard was damaged (didn't see how). One of the guys said that that was the 3rd item that had been shipped by UPS that had been damaged en route.

Who knows?

[quote name='Starvolt' post='368795' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:03 PM']I was in their Brum shop today buying me new toy (Kaoss Pad) and I have nothing but good things to say (long story)!

I reckon the problem might be down to the UPS shipping; there was a bloke who was checking out a guitar, and then noticed that it had a huge bump (more of a smash, and the inlay on the fretboard was damaged (didn't see how). One of the guys said that that was the 3rd item that had been shipped by UPS that had been damaged en route.

Who knows?[/quote]
Gotta be honest about UPS:They delivered original package promptly.
They collected faulty goods promptly.
The problem lies wit DV:The damage looks like one of their staff spilt sticky drink on
rear of both speakers. Speakers were also scratched.
Plus the fact that they did tell me that I should have new replacement by today.

What happened was ,no communication from DV after ups collected faulty goods.

Best of luck getting it sorted, can be a real bugger getting things like this sorted!

However, maybe cut them a little slack as most companies are totally overworked over the Christmas/new year period... hopefully it all works out over the next few days. Its more annoying when they promise the world and fail to deliver, they should probably have just said 'we'll get it sorted as soon as possible, really sorry' instead of making up a date just to make you end the call asap...

[quote name='bennifer' post='369410' date='Jan 3 2009, 05:28 PM']Best of luck getting it sorted, can be a real bugger getting things like this sorted!

However, maybe cut them a little slack as most companies are totally overworked over the Christmas/new year period... hopefully it all works out over the next few days. Its more annoying when they promise the world and fail to deliver, they should probably have just said 'we'll get it sorted as soon as possible, really sorry' instead of making up a date just to make you end the call asap...[/quote]
Thanks,I'm supposed to be getting it on tuesday. :) It's true about the xmas thing,but an email/phone call
would have avoided this hassle.I was being efficient to them,letting them know by email that parcel was collected etc.
If it comes on Tuesday ,then I've no( more )complaints :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd give you an update.and wrap this up.
New set arrived on the Tuesday as stated.
All was fine.not too keen on the finish onthe rear of these..looks like
drink was spilt on them! Bad design I guess.

I received emails a few days and a week later from the people mentioned
previously in this post. Told them case closed.

Have been using them over the last few days ,and think that they are good and
look good on my desktop setup.

Thanks for your help guys :P

pics from mobile phone ;)

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE