Why become a member? ×

Something (else) to argue about at Christmas time

The Admiral

[quote name='yorick' post='361087' date='Dec 22 2008, 03:30 PM']What's missing is the sanity of the compiler who put the Four Tops, Otis Reading and Funkadelic in a top 100 ROCK bass preformances chart. Don't get me wrong they are ace, but in a rock chart?????????[/quote]

Yes - couldn't agree more. Perhaps we should just look at it with the word 'rock' subtracted?

A

[quote name='dangerboy' post='361123' date='Dec 22 2008, 03:57 PM']I stopped reading as soon as I saw a Primus tune listed. This list is presumably compiled by people who work in guitar shops, rather than people who listen to music.[/quote]

I like Primus, but that's Funny...... :)

What's missing are songs that I've actually heard of.

I haven't heard of most of these songs which is strange considering I have 162GB of music on my PC.

These lists are always pissoir and about as useful as tits on a boar. My 100 greatest whatever is going to be different to your 100 whatever. There's always sh*te in there as well like when Meatloaf is in the top 10, the guys albums are f***ing corny musicals.

Then someone could come along and say that they think that Meatloaf is the tits.

That's quite a mad list :) Great to see Michael Manring and Faith No More in there.

Delberthot - there's some fantastic music in there, you should investigate :huh: THere are probably only 5 or 6 tunes I've not heard in that list, and pretty much everything I've heard is worth hunting out.

Cheers
Alun