Why become a member? ×

SOLD! OHM 125-watt head

stevie

125-watt OHM head, which was originally part of a combo. I removed the amp section and made a sleeve for it out of ½-inch plywood. It looks quite pro, even though I say so myself with a comfortable leather handle and rubber feet on two sides, all of which are new. Thanks to the ply sleeve, it’s very lightweight – about 7.5kg at a guess. I can pick it up with my little finger using the handle. Who needs Mark Bass?

Due to the arrival of my Trace head, I don’t need this any more. My wife doesn't believe in more than one bass amp per family (although she finds this domestically much more acceptable than the very green Trace). It is ideal for someone wanting a cheap rig, or as a lightweight and reliable backup. The PCBs are old-style (with no diddy surface-mounted components), which means that any audio repair man can fix it should it ever go wrong. Internally, it bears a remarkable resemblance to the Trace Elliot. Facilities include effects send/return, bi-amp output, slave output, 6-band graphic plus bass and treble controls, and a compressor with sensitivity and threshold controls. I could never get the compressor to sound any good, but that could be just me.

I’d give preference someone who can collect from Dorset. Otherwise, I can pack and ship for a tenner.

Edited by stevie

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='359717' date='Dec 20 2008, 04:55 PM']It's owld and it's cheap... you had to have it! :huh:[/quote]

It was just for the Bairn to run a couple of small monitors, but it looks like I'm second best (again). Apparently somebody beat me to the punch yesterday. :)