Why become a member? ×

A new addition to the family...

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='37029' date='Jul 25 2007, 09:52 PM']Hey everyone, picked thios up today & changed the godawful thuddy flats for some 35-90 rounds. Much better & what an adaptable sound! Whadda-ya think?

[/quote]

Now that's interesting.
In 1970 I had an old '60's sunburst hofner violin bass and I painted it black gloss!
They were very unpopular then, I think I paid £18 for it, or was it £28?
Now where did I put that receipt?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='37162' date='Jul 26 2007, 09:00 AM']That's odd, Machines... We played Here Comes The Sun in our last couple of gigs, but on my Warwick $$.[/quote]

LOL - both great basses, but I can't help thinking the Hofner is more McCartney than the $$ !

Quite, yes! Although I usually have a very modern bass sound with the Status/Warwick & the MarkBass rig. This was a good opportunity to try the amplifier's vintage sound filter. Very effective as well. I also use this sort of setup for the Triumph upright.

Sibob, yes it sounds hugely better on the rounds. Like a more 3-dimensional sound at the bottom end & more of an old p-bass sound at the top. All in all, very satisfying.