cetera

*SOLD - subject to usual* Spector NS2000/4 - a beauty!
£400
Guildford/Woking

Posted (edited)

This is a fantastic opportunity to obtain a basically mint Spector NS2000/4 from the early 2000’s.

Features include:
3-piece maple neckthru body construction (as per US/original Euro models)
Curved maple body & figured maple top (as per US/original Euro models)

34” scale / 24 fret neck
EMG-HZ pickups with 9v EMG BTS circuit
Brass nut
Heavy duty bespoke Spector locking bridge and hardware (all black)

The finish on this particular one is a beautiful translucent slate grey which under lights seems to flipflop between a blue/purple and greenish grey.

Condition is really quite wonderful ‘Mint minus’ (I literally found approx 3 light surface scuffs!) and it has a very playable and responsive low action set up making this bass a pleasure to play.

Please note – the Spector ‘crown’ inlays are fretboard stickers (covering dots). These do NOT get in the way when playing and can easily be removed.

Bass is located in Guildford/Woking area and I can courier at buyers expense (prob approx £30) or can meet in South East England for petrol. Payment by cash, bank transfer or Paypal (you pay all fees) only please.

Please see my extensive positive feedback record for assurance of a smooth and honest transaction.

20190412_163413.jpg

20190412_163418.jpg

20190412_163427.jpg

20190412_163422.jpg

20190412_163440.jpg

20190412_163450.jpg

20190412_163459.jpg

Edited by cetera
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Got one....unbelievably good basses which sell for well below their real value.

I actually sold my Euro LX and kept the NS2000 - £500 difference in price but not value...whoever buys this is going to get a real treat. Gary, on the other hand, is going to get a massive dose of Sellers Remorse!!

Edited by TheGreek
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TheGreek said:

whoever buys this is going to get a real treat. Gary, on the other hand, is going to get a massive dose of Sellers Remorse!!

As I said...

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fettsman
      Price dropped to £825

Another bass that has sat in the cupboard for far too long unplayed. At a gig last night, I realised that the two basses I had with me were all I'd used in anger for ages and all I would ever need. (Until the dreaded GAS rears it's ugly head again)
      Any road up, here is my 2010 Fender American Deluxe Precision Bass in Crimson transparent. I got fed up of the N3 pickups and fitted EMG PJ pickups and a BTS four knob control system. The Scratchplate has been replaced with a mint green one but I can chuck in the original black one (a bit battered) if you like. The bass is fitted with the appropriate Hipshot DTuner and is in overall excellent condition. the only damage is a small gouge on the end of the headstock, a few plectrum scratches on the body on the upper boutand a little scuffing below the controls on the lower edge.

The case  has most of the bits in it and is in very good condition.
      It's a beauty but it never gets played and I'm fast running out of space under the stairs.
      I am based in Leics but get around the country a lot with work so a meet could be possible.
      Let the pictures tell you more!

Not really interested in trades. Try me if it's a guitar (not modern or even remotely pointy)

• By cetera
      I LOVE this bass...... but need to move it on to clear some funds for a possible upcoming purchase. I'll be sad to see it go as it is a FANTASTIC, high quality and incredible value for money bass with a monstrous selection of tones on board.... but needs be....

Often compared to basses 3 or 4 times it's price and always comes out on top!
      Body Material  :  North American Alder which is known for its strong clear full-bodied sound, with beefy mids and excellent lows - perfect for the traditional jazz bass sound. Neck Material : 1 Piece Hardmaple Neck Shape : C-Shape Scale : 34” Fingerboard : Rosewood Fingerboard Radius : 7’25” Frets : Medium Small, 20 Frets String Nut : Natural Bone 38mm width - considered to deliver more balanced, clearer and smoother tone than plastic or eurite material Binding : 1 ply Ivory Inlay : WH Pearloid Block Neck Joint : 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate Pickups : Marcus Super Jazz pickup set made with US fomvar coil, fibre bobbin and alnico 5 magnets in order to reproduce the traditional vintage jazz bass sound. Electronics : 18V Marcus Heritage 3 Band Preamp with Middle Frequency Control and active/passive switch Controls : Volume / Tone (Dual Pot) | Pickup Blender | Treble | Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot) | Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive ) Bridge : Heavy Mass Standard with string-thru-body capability Tuning Gear : Premium Open-Gear Hardware Finish : Chrome Pickguard : Tortoise Condition is excellent/mint minus as it's really only had home/studio use. Currently strung with 45-105 roundwounds.
      Payment by Cash (on collection), Bank Transfer or Paypal (you pay any/all fees). I can meet/deliver within the South East for agreed fuel cost or can courier at cost to be agreed with buyer.

Please see my extensive feedback for assurance of a clean, honest transaction. Thanks!

• By mart3442
      Selling this lovely Korean made Coda Pro5 Bass by Stuart Spector. Bought brand new, 7 months ago from Bassdirect. The bass in in excellent condition, with 1 or 2 tiny marks that I can''t pick up with the camera.
      Price is £550 inc UK postage, this is for the Bass in its original packaging, with no case. Or for £590 inc UK postage, I can include a Stagg hardcase.

Here are the specs for this gorgeous Bass:
      Neck: 1 piece rock maple, capped with a Rosewood fingerboard. Pearl dot inlays, 20 frets, scale length is 34", string spacing is 0.66 at the bridge, nut width 1.78".
      Body: Solid Alder with a quilted maple top in Black Cherry stain.
      Hardware: Spector locking bridge, Spector Legend machine heads, standard strap buttons.
      Electronics: Tonepump Jr Active 2 band circuit, 9 volt. 2 EMG HZ passive single coil pickups.
      Overall weight is 4.5kg, the build quality on this bass is very high indeed.

• By Matte_black
      Hello! Just a feeler for now... I'm going to upload pictures in a few hours, the weather is quite miserable and I definitely prefer natural light to take pics...
      1988 Thumb bass, transition era (already has the 2 pieces bridge but still has the tilted tuners of the early ones).
      Thin neck, good action, good frets, stock pickups (EMG) and preamp (MEC 2 bands). No cracks, no repairs, no failing glue joints. Medium weight, I think it's around 4.3 but my balance's battery's gone.
      It's got some wear and in some spots you can see and/or feel the wood moved a bit, creating the usual "gap" between different pieces.
      They might be easily removed but this would imply a refinish, that would take away the patina. Easy to do, though, if you want it in mint conditions.
      Comes with non-original teardrop case, fresh strings and good setup. The battery cover is missing the tooth (as always happens) but it's pretty cheap to replace.
      I can personally guarantee about the conditions. You're not going to receive an unplayable, dirty or poorly set-up instrument. It will arrive ready to play. I'll do my best to replace the battery cover before shipping, needs nothing else.
      The bass has a big sound, the first time I played it thru my 18" I thought the lows were boosted... but they weren't. Also very bright. It's one of the "good ones", if you know what I mean.
      I ship by UPS, £50 within Europe, takes 3 working days. I have feedbacks here and on other platforms (eBay, Talkbass, even the Warwick Bass forum Bass Arena). Payment by bank wire transfer or paypal (normal, not friends/family payment).
      Not interested in trades, I'm heavily downsizing as I basically only play 15 minutes a week, just for my own pleasure. No band, no gigs. 

• By Fernando Cruz
      I really like the electric basses Spector.
      I leave here a video in which its sound is appreciated. I have the same model that appears there. I also recommend this channel, it's great.
      Regards