Why become a member? ×

Malekko Barker Assmaster

steve-soar

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='351377' date='Dec 11 2008, 12:02 AM']I've never had one but they're hugely popular over on talkbass, maybe ask over there? And yeah they do sound the tits.[/quote]
amazing pedals i'd love to get my hands on a original brassmaster

I bought one of these cheeky little numbers from a fellow Basschatter a few months ago - it's Asstastic!

Quite a variety of tones from all out to heavy fuzz to a bit of (butt) mud to mostly natural bass with hint of fuzz. Very tweakable. Very powerful sounding. Totally chocolate starfish I'd say!

Love the pink triangle and pink LED.

I was torn between this and the Earthbound Supercolider when I pounced on this one and have no regrets - it'll stay on my board forever and has been incorporated into a few of my bands songs too.

I found a good website created by a Talkbass chappie I think it's called bassfuzz.com. He's kindly reviewed a selection of pedals and included ratings and some samples so this could help you decide if it's the one for you or if you fancy something else.

Arsemungus mate!

[quote name='burno70' post='351718' date='Dec 11 2008, 01:12 PM']I bought one of these cheeky little numbers from a fellow Basschatter a few months ago - it's Asstastic!

Quite a variety of tones from all out to heavy fuzz to a bit of (butt) mud to mostly natural bass with hint of fuzz. Very tweakable. Very powerful sounding. Totally chocolate starfish I'd say!

I was torn between this and the Earthbound Supercolider when I pounced on this one and have no regrets - it'll stay on my board forever and has been incorporated into a few of my bands songs too.

I found a good website created by a Talkbass chappie I think it's called bassfuzz.com. He's kindly reviewed a selection of pedals and included ratings and some samples so this could help you decide if it's the one for you or if you fancy something else.

Arsemungus mate![/quote]

I also have one that was modded by Malekko to add a little extra bass responce when using an active bass. I found my Sandbergs lost a little bottom end when used in active mode. For me they sound best when used with a passive bass like my Pimped P.

They are Asstastic. :)

[quote name='burno70' post='351718' date='Dec 11 2008, 01:12 PM']I bought one of these cheeky little numbers from a fellow Basschatter a few months ago - it's Asstastic!

Arsemungus mate![/quote]

Yeah, that used to be mine. It is a great pedal. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28349&hl=assmaster"]Here[/url] is my sale thread which contains an interesting discussion of the pedal's strengths and weakness and links to Talkbass threads on the same topic.

PS Glad you're enjoying it Burno

Edited by EssentialTension

Thanks Mr E Tension,

I remember that discussion in you seller thread very well - I was reading it thinking "wow - everyone's arguing about this amazing pedal but no-ones bought it yet!"

and then making a payment rather sharpish before anyone else gegged in!

I have to say it sounds exactly like the samples - xellent!

If I sort my audio interface out over the weekend (doesn't seem to like my new Vista PC!) I'll leave a sample or two for anyone who may still be interested.

[quote name='burno70' post='353213' date='Dec 12 2008, 10:39 PM']Thanks Mr E Tension,

I remember that discussion in you seller thread very well - I was reading it thinking [b]"wow - everyone's arguing about this amazing pedal but no-ones bought it yet!"[/b]

and then making a payment rather sharpish before anyone else gegged in!

I have to say it sounds exactly like the samples - xellent!

If I sort my audio interface out over the weekend (doesn't seem to like my new Vista PC!) I'll leave a sample or two for anyone who may still be interested.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking - then you came along!

• 1 month later...

So, I ended up getting one (thanks Marc) and all I can say is that it is a dirty bastard, a filthy, dirty, disgusting bastard of a pedal. :P
The Sensitivity knob is amazing and the ass and harm switches give such room for mischief.
I can honestly say that this is a bassists dream, if they are looking for fuzz sounds.
Built like a brick and absolutely silent when you're not playing.
In a word, magic. ;)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='379654' date='Jan 13 2009, 08:49 PM']So, I ended up getting one (thanks Marc) and all I can say is that it is a dirty bastard, a filthy, dirty, disgusting bastard of a pedal. :)
The Sensitivity knob is amazing and the ass and harm switches give such room for mischief.
I can honestly say that this is a bassists dream, if they are looking for fuzz sounds.
Built like a brick and absolutely silent when you're not playing.
In a word, magic. ;)[/quote]

I've just built a Brassmaster clone, which is pretty much the same as what the M:alekko is.
Agree, it is such an amazing & individual fuzz, with tons of tonal possibilities.
You can do some real damage with one those pedals :P