Why become a member? ×

Odd thing - bitsa?

Paul S

Definitely a Black Eagle neck, probably the Antoria version as it's UK. IIRC these had a black headstock face with a decal logo, so it's just been sanded back.

It's pretty uncommon to see these headstocks in an unbroken state - considering original Black Eagles are quite scarce, the neck alone on this is probably worth a few quid.

Looks like this has been some sort of custom build done around the Antoria/Ibanez neck - the body looks well-crafted & professionally finished but I don't think it's from a donor bass. Hardware looks decent, if unusual - don't know if the Shadow humbucker is by the same company that does piezos & preamps today though.

Sort of hope some geek picks this up for a Black Eagle resto project. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks 70s or early 80s to me - old enough to hail from an era when MIJ stuff wasn't too highly regarded. Certainly pre-dates Kris Novoselic smashing his to bits!

Got a vague idea there are repro scratchplates out there, although I might be thinking of the Custom Agent - which was Ibanez/Antoria's LP with Black Eagle-esque styling.