Why become a member? ×

Is this a bit of a bargain..?

Fastra

1 hour ago, Fastra said:

So do you feel it needs feet?
I'm thinking that at soem places we play at the hard floors are quite uneven, and the cab woudl rock about if I laid it down flat
Plus, if it goes on top of my 410 that feet would stop it slidding off???

I feel it does need feet. As you say, for uneven floors it adds a bit of stability, and also keeps the bottom from getting scratched and dirty. I went for those feet as they are low profile and have a nice amount of grip.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I feel it does need feet. As you say, for uneven floors it adds a bit of stability, and also keeps the bottom from getting scratched and dirty. I went for those feet as they are low profile and have a nice amount of grip.

Yep, even for lugging it in and out of the car onto pavements I'd say feet are a must.

In fact I think I'm preferring these, with more ground clearance...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adhesive-Polyurethane-Bumper-Bumpons-20-6mm/dp/B00EY6ICSS/ref=pd_bxgy_201_img_3/259-3569170-9034232?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00EY6ICSS&pd_rd_r=6c88a324-56c9-11e9-aa0f-87b717443da8&pd_rd_w=TLuqp&pd_rd_wg=67aLX&pf_rd_p=07e3e597-b71b-4701-a3fd-d79c50f48406&pf_rd_r=AW8MH95Y2AFRDB2F4XMD&psc=1&refRID=AW8MH95Y2AFRDB2F4XMD

Edited by Fastra
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fastra said:

Yeah, i got the feet before the cab arrived so i was ready for it.

The only issue i woudl have with those longer feet are they might be easier to knock off the cab. ive managed to knock screwed in feet of cabs before when getting them in and out of the car. for me the less things that stick out the better. I do have a Gramma pad that i can use if the floor is really uneven.

9 hours ago, bigsmokebass said:

My £0.04 Attitude 3. 

Tbf.... I thought the guys at Back Alley Music wouldn't have noticed it and sent it my way regardless 😂

You must have been laughing your head off...that's not buying, that's legalised theft...

Good buy...so so jealous.

• Haha 1

haaa - yes, me too - I'm embarrassed by the number of battle scars my car has arround doors and hatches due to 'cack-handed' manipulation of cabs early in the morning after gigs.
:(
But they're inexpensive - I might splash out further and buy both versions!
Mr Bloody Extravagant me you know...!
:D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fastra said:

haaa - yes, me too - I'm embarrassed by the number of battle scars my car has arround doors and hatches due to 'cack-handed' manipulation of cabs early in the morning after gigs.
But they're inexpensive - I might splash out further and buy both versions!
Mr Bloody Extravagant me you know...!

Well considering the huge saving you made on the cab, why not. if you ever sell it you will probably make your money back at least.

I just went to get a RS112 and they are all gone. Bugger!!!.

8 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Well considering the huge saving you made on the cab, why not. if you ever sell it you will probably make your money back at least.

I just went to get a RS112 and they are all gone. Bugger!!!.

Ohh FFS - thats a bloody shame! :(
Keep trying it though - a few may come back in to stock if people cancel orders.
They've got plenty off 115's though.
Down to only 2 212's now - there were 10 when I ordered mine.

And thats a good point, about selling it, there's one on eBay now for £350 (used), so yes I don't think I've lost anything.
Plus we never really own this stuff anyway, just renting it off each other...!

To be honest i was only begin lazy looking for a RS112. I just cant face carrying my RS212 up and down the stairs for each rehearsal. Saved myself £210 so im good. It will help me build up muscles lol. Looking at the weight of the Rs115 it seems heavier than the RS212.

Agreed about the Basschat Loaner scheme lol

• 3 weeks later...

I went from a Vanderkley 1x15 to mine, and have no regrets other than its heavier.

Very punchy tone

Personally i dont think any cab is worth £800-£900 but i guess you have to pay the going rate if you want something that does cost that much.

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Thanks 1

Good point - I'm thinking it's one of these auto match things though that some sellers use - so without human intervention this will sit there unsold until another algorythym notes that it's not selling then put's it up for £27.50...!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevin_lindsay said:

I bought two of the RS212 cabs at the sale price - mega sounding units! 

I fitted four adhesive foam squares to act as feet. I also got a couple of custom made covers to protect the finish. 

I'm very impressed by them, heavier than I imagined but still perfectly acceptable.
Got a Hotcovers cover for it too and that is superb!!

Defo needs feet, I did get some of the stick on rubber affairs (20mm sqaure ish) but they got knocked off as soon as I put it in the car (as someone pointed out earlier in thread..!:D), so I've got some off these coming now and I'll use some stronger glue - don't really want to screw into the cab with anything more permanent though.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KPG1CWY/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_3

Edited by Fastra

I bought one of these "fold flat" trolleys to ease the lugging around of my cabs. Best £19 I've spent in years! (the wheels automatically flip out when you fold down the loading tray) 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303114745147

Screenshot_20190424_161805.jpg

Screenshot_20190424_161920.jpg

Edited by kevin_lindsay
  • Like 1

Yeah they're good but the last 5 venues I've been to have had stairs...!
How do the cabs feel when stood on top of each other, I'm sure they're fine, but when mine was on top of my similar finish GK 410 it felt a bit 'slippy'.
It never moved through 3 hours of playing but if it was knocked slightly then I'm sure it would - probably doesn't help that it's not really the right shape to be standing on the GK. I think the rubber blocks will add a bit of stabililty and grip.
I'll post some pics next week to show what I mean. :)

Edited by Fastra
  • Like 1

re the OP, I got the RS212 from Andertons very recently - really excellent at £299. The 115 is also on deal 349 down from 596. Sadly for me, the 210 remains full price at £499. Seriously good Emminence cabs I reckon, and at close to half price an absolute bargain. Don't know why they are so heavily discounted, maybe about to be changed but who cares.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2019 at 11:13, Soledad said:

re the OP, I got the RS212 from Andertons very recently - really excellent at £299. The 115 is also on deal 349 down from 596. Sadly for me, the 210 remains full price at £499. Seriously good Emminence cabs I reckon, and at close to half price an absolute bargain. Don't know why they are so heavily discounted, maybe about to be changed but who cares.

Yep - loving mine.
Stuck some rubber feet on (although re-done since these pics as the 'instant grab' glue wasn't really that instant 3 hours before I loaded up the car, ended up sliding about everywhere making a right mess and I had to scrape it all off the next day...

Bit of a balancing act, but it works...!
Don't want to lie it flat because I want the visuals.

362814962_ScreenShot2019-04-29at12_46_52.thumb.png.7f480d2f458f88b03a46e149f7e4be64.png1890059886_ScreenShot2019-04-29at12_47_04.thumb.png.4135ad6a9707f5140077a97d8ffff9f1.png51218004_ScreenShot2019-04-29at12_47_14.thumb.png.00209173171b13a7cac7c94afbf96a5e.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 12.44.27.png

Edited by Fastra