Why become a member? ×

TRACE ELLIOT

Skezza

Here's a manual, not sure if it's from an early 80's model though:

[url="http://www.britishaudioservice.com/inst/MK%20V%20GP11.pdf"]http://www.britishaudioservice.com/inst/MK%20V%20GP11.pdf[/url]

There will definatly be people here who can be of more help!

[quote name='Skezza' post='349982' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:38 PM']Hi I have just won a mid 80s TE 4 x 10 combo with the GP11 preamp sounds fantastic but i can find out nothing about it. Any help would be great.
[email protected][/quote]

Hi,
I used to own a Trace 4 x 10 combo in the eighties.... and loved it.
Mind you, that's probably one of the reasons my back is shot!
Enjoy.

I never really understood why Trace Elliot always used to stick the preamp designation on the front of their amps rather than the actual model. Trace developed the GP11 quite early on in their history and it went through a number of versions, so we'd really need to know which version you've got. I'm not sure about the earlier models, but the mk V's and VI's used to have it on front beneath the GP11 logo.

You can also open the amp up - there are usually date stickers on various components.

Edited by Musky

As I've posted before my favourite of all the rigs I've ever owned/played through was my old AH150 GP11 (which was actually loud enough for any gig I ever did) and Mk1 (?) 4x10. If you check out any old Bow Wow Wow footage or the footage of Level 42 on the OGWT that features the Starchild Jaydee, it's half of one of those 8x10s, with a 150W version of that 250w head. Brilliant sound for what I wanted.