Why become a member? ×

Custom Shop Warwick Streamer Stage I 5 String *ON HOLD PENDING PAYMENT*

Veils

2007 Nirvana Black oil, black hardware. Flamed maple thru neck and body.

Has one or two dings and a bit of buckle rash, but otherwise is in mint condition and plays nicer than most basses I have played in my lifetime! And with the black oil/black hardware combo it looks absolutely GORGEOUS!

I will take £900. Oh it also comes with a flight case which is included in the price.

I will get pics up on here soon when I get access to a camera, probably tonight.

Reason for selling? My guitarists have decided they want to tune in such a way which is rather awkward for this bass so I am aiming to return to a 4 string jazz.

Spafe
x

Edited by Veils

[quote name='Veils' post='348774' date='Dec 8 2008, 04:16 PM']Reason for selling? My guitarists have decided they want to tune in such a way which is rather awkward for this bass so I am aiming to return to a 4 string jazz.[/quote]

This is a metal band of some sort I'm guessing? I'm never going to understand that... why do metal bands always have to have weird tuning AND why does that mean that the bass has to tune the same?

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='349331' date='Dec 9 2008, 07:53 AM']This is a metal band of some sort I'm guessing? I'm never going to understand that... why do metal bands always have to have weird tuning AND [b]why does that mean that the bass has to tune the same[/b]?[/quote]

... because guitarists get confused when they see bassists playing in a different position on the neck. :)

basically were going from a very low tuning which suited the 5 to one which doesn't. Some of our stuff is just too difficult to simply learn to play in a different position and I'm not against them changing tuning in this case because one of our guys has just had his caparison stolen which is built for low tuning. All a bit crap really but that's life :)

I understand the tuning thing, I was the bass player in (the recently departed) Cry For Silence, and we experimented with different tunings all the time.

I checked out your band too man, I was pleasantly surprised, there are soo many god aweful metal bands on myspace atm lol!

Regards,

Andy

[quote name='Captain Bass' post='349959' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:20 PM']I understand the tuning thing, I was the bass player in (the recently departed) Cry For Silence, and we experimented with different tunings all the time.

I checked out your band too man, I was pleasantly surprised, there are soo many god aweful metal bands on myspace atm lol!

Regards,

Andy[/quote]

Hey dude!

How long ago did you leave CFS? I might have seen you play.....Sheffield Corp supporting BDM? You guys were pretty dam good :)

[quote name='Veils' post='350075' date='Dec 9 2008, 06:56 PM']Hey dude!

How long ago did you leave CFS? I might have seen you play.....Sheffield Corp supporting BDM? You guys were pretty dam good :)[/quote]

Cheers man,

I didn't leave, we collectively decided to call it a day :-(

Tis a shame but we had a good innings anyway, our album is still in the shops too!

[quote name='Captain Bass' post='350467' date='Dec 10 2008, 10:40 AM']Cheers man,

I didn't leave, we collectively decided to call it a day :-(

Tis a shame but we had a good innings anyway, our album is still in the shops too![/quote]

I bought a copy from HMV a few months ago, it's a shame you split - it was looking like things were ramping up for you :)

[quote name='mr_russ' post='351053' date='Dec 10 2008, 05:48 PM']I bought a copy from HMV a few months ago, it's a shame you split - it was looking like things were ramping up for you :)[/quote]

Things were looking up but for a combination of reasons we had to call it a day,
besides we didnt want to record a half assed second album.

Anyway - back to this bass :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Veils' post='367761' date='Jan 1 2009, 02:31 PM']Bump for this bad boy

Would also consider a stingray & cash.[/quote]

Have Black/Maple 3EQ stingray (4 string)... all very standard and excellent condition. Might consider for the right deal. I'd need to see some pictures and (the biggy) exactly how much cash are you thinking?

Also, what's the string spacing at the bridge? Is this the normal or wideneck variety (or whatever they call it)?

PS. Just had a listen to a couple of your vids.... good grief... how the hell does your singer keep that up? :)

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='Veils' post='367830' date='Jan 1 2009, 03:59 PM']Oh as for string spacing I believe it's standard?

And no idea how dave keeps them vocals up, he does struggle sometimes at the end of the set though.[/quote]

Great sounding band, the bass sounds nice too. Pics would be good.

Cheers

C

[quote name='Veils' post='367826' date='Jan 1 2009, 03:57 PM']Heyyyyy

Not totally sure on cash really! I'll think it over! Can u get pics of the ray? I'll sort pix of the wick asap it's been tricky since I don't own a camera![/quote]

No sweat.... I'll get some pics together asap and you can let me know what you think :) Can travel... have friends in Manchester.

[quote name='Veils' post='370724' date='Jan 5 2009, 11:00 AM']I did just attempt to add this pic, not sure it worked.....[/quote]

That looks like 20mm spacing (or thereabouts) to me :) I still need to organise some photies. Various unpleasant seasonal diseases have been impeding me over the last few days!

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='370914' date='Jan 5 2009, 02:04 PM']That looks like 20mm spacing (or thereabouts) to me :) I still need to organise some photies. Various unpleasant seasonal diseases have been impeding me over the last few days![/quote]

Yup stage I 5's and 6's are 20mm think the rest are 16.5mm