Why become a member? ×

My new rig

agroupuk

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought myself a head/cab and thought I would post on here my initial impressions.

These are very initial as I have yet to plug it in - it arrived here at my work a few hours ago and I have spent all this time *ahem* working.

Its a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 with a 10" cab (its technically the Shuttle 3-10t combo)

The head is nice and shiny and seems pretty well built if somewhat light (2.75lb's) and pumps out 175watt @ 8ohms and 300watt @ 4ohms.

Its attached to the cab via a slide in holder attached to the top of the cab that also acts as the carry handle. The head is held im place by 2 knurled thumbscrews, one either side. It comes out easily and the slide/holder seems very sturdy.

The cab itself I believe is made of magic and possibly fairy dust. Its a 10" Eminence driver made from Moly..HOWEVERITSSPELT..inium magnet thingies. Anyway I am sure its some sort of voodoo because this thing is light. Not just light"ish" but really really light. The whole cab with head attached is less that 21lbs.

I can hold the whole thing in one hand at arms length comfortably.

Theres a handy sping loaded 2 footed stand built into the base of the cab so you can tilt it up if needed to better monitor yourself. Its rear ported with a little compression tweeter built in.

All in it looks the business if not somewhat tiny. I mean its smaller and WAY lighter than my Ashdown Perfect 10 practice amp.

As I say - it must be magic.

I will update after I get it home tonight and let you know what I think of the sound.

Cant wait !! (Thanks to BassDirect for selling me it - Marks a good guy)

Cheers

Edd

Edited by agroupuk

Hope you enjoy.

I recently purchased the shuttle 6. Love the fact that its so tiny, although it did seem strange for the first couple of rehearsals, seeing such a small shiney thing sitting there atop the cabs. Not sure I've got the best out of it yet and still missing my sound that I had with the old trace rig, sold to fund the amp purchase, along with mark bass cabs.

I guess I am lucky in that I dont yet have a 'sound' as I have only been playing since earlier this year.

I suppose this rig will make me find it - at least I hope so - the Ashdown, although technically ok, seemed fairly lifeless.

Here's hoping this amp will sound as sweet as it looks!