Why become a member? ×

Dingwall DBird 5

Woodinblack

1 minute ago, therealting said:

Sheldon committed to fanned frets a long time ago as it fits his vision of what his basses should be and there are plenty of parallel fret options. 

And I completely understand that. I love the look of the basses and the feel of the necks (not so much the sound TBH) but, I'd love to see a paralleled fretted version. Just an observation and not a criticism. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mattbass6 said:

And I completely understand that. I love the look of the basses and the feel of the necks (not so much the sound TBH) but, I'd love to see a paralleled fretted version. Just an observation and not a criticism. 

And I get that too. I think their waitlists as it is mean it’s unlikely to happen. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey look, they did another custom that I would buy if I had that sort of money:

56816034_2409293232427799_2868729160895823872_o.thumb.jpg.adfbe6aef578bfef07b5574c74e7bd2f.jpg

I do like the 4 string colours they have put out, if only they would stretch to having a full set of strings.

That one, I assume will be even more expensive than the custom as it has darkglass distortion built in and some custom graphics

• Like 1

Saw that on Facebook yesterday. Looks very cool and it confirmed my suspicion that it was only a matter of time before Darkglass started adding distortion circuits to their on board preamps!

I’m just patiently waiting for the D-Bird Standard in 5 strings. I can almost guarantee it’ll happen at some point, it’s just a matter of when. I can easily see myself being a 2 bass man - My Super P5 and a D-Bird Standard 5

12 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Hey look, they did another custom that I would buy if I had that sort of money:

56816034_2409293232427799_2868729160895823872_o.thumb.jpg.adfbe6aef578bfef07b5574c74e7bd2f.jpg

I do like the 4 string colours they have put out, if only they would stretch to having a full set of strings.

That one, I assume will be even more expensive than the custom as it has darkglass distortion built in and some custom graphics

I saw that yesterday you on Facebook - interesting that they’ve altered the shape slightly, I actually prefer it. 

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

!I’m just patiently waiting for the D-Bird Standard in 5 strings. I can almost guarantee it’ll happen at some point, it’s just a matter of when. I can easily see myself being a 2 bass man - My Super P5 and a D-Bird Standard 5

Agreed. I even like the colours of those standards

• Like 1

5 hours ago, therealting said:

I saw that yesterday you on Facebook - interesting that they’ve altered the shape slightly, I actually prefer it. 

I hadn’t even noticed the altered shape - looks like they’ve kind of given it the signature Dingwall elbow/shelf/curve thingy. Pretty cool.