Why become a member? ×

Warwick Hunters Gallery

warwickhunt

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='2386' date='May 19 2007, 07:17 PM']nice collection!, love the old streamer far left, and the custom looking one 2nd from the end![/quote]

Thanks.

Far left is an 89 Ltd Ed with single Bartolini MM pup and ebony board

Black one is an 88 SSII custom finish with straight tuners as opposed to angled

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='2394' date='May 19 2007, 07:32 PM']Black one is an 88 SSII custom finish with straight tuners as opposed to angled[/quote]
I thought the headstock looked a bit funny. My first thought was that it was a Spector, then I just put it down to some weird perspective trick.

[quote name='thumbo' post='2419' date='May 19 2007, 08:33 PM']Stunning! Could you tell me a little more about that Dolphin? What year etc? What are they like?[/quote]

Dolphin is an '88, very versatile and comfortable but a 'very' wide neck for a 4 string (44mm at the nut if I remember), surprisingly this actually makes it a doddle to play!

Warwick did a bunch of 8ers back in the late 80's early 90's. That one was hand built/painted for the bassist from Euro prog rockers KRAAN.

Great bass but a bugger to fit into a covers band set. Worked fine for Pearl Jam and Cheap Trick (with a chorus) but did bugger all for Robbie Williams and The Beatles.

I sold it on the 'Bay and can't for the life of me remember where it went (it didn't leave the UK despite masses of interest from the USA and Europe (not the band...)).

• 1 year later...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='267099' date='Aug 21 2008, 02:34 PM']Awesome, it's all changed! What happened to that blue SSI? Did you sell it or keep it? I loved the look of that thing.[/quote]

The blue SSI went to a fellow BCer; LukeFRC

[quote name='geilerbass' post='267103' date='Aug 21 2008, 02:51 PM']Is the extent of your collection, or do you have more 'wicks lurking around the house? I only ask because from reading some of your other posts on the subject of Warwicks, I got the impression that you were literally swimming in them. :huh:[/quote]

I have 2 more in the house (3 if you inc' the Dolphin that is packed and ready for shipping to Canada) but I have owned a 'lot' of different Warwicks over the years. A useless piece of info but off the top of my head there are 7 of my old basses residing with BC members and a guy in my home town shocked me the other day when we established that he has bought from me (and kept) 4 of my past instruments :huh:

I may be the worst 'Wick-head' on this forum but I'm by no means top of the list if you include any type of bass :)

[quote name='simondee' post='267117' date='Aug 21 2008, 03:06 PM']mindblowing. that '88 SSII is gorgeous.

which one is your favourite and which one do you play the most?[/quote]

Oddly enough I sold my favourite a short while back! Of the ones that I have I can safely say that they all get a fair share of playing 'now'... I say 'now' as I had a period recently where I realised I had basses that didn't get played from one year to the next.

If you pin me down to one bass it would be my old Infinette

or maybe... The SSII.

No! it would be the red SSI

Definitely NOT the Thumb :)

[quote name='Josh' post='267157' date='Aug 21 2008, 03:47 PM']Hang abooooot, I thought you and Thumbs couldn't get on?[/quote]

I can't stand Warwick Thumbs. I dislike them so much I think this is my 8th :huh:

In all seriousness I love how they look and sound but I wouldn't gig one because of the first fret position being in another time zone from the body :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267173' date='Aug 21 2008, 04:14 PM']I can't stand Warwick Thumbs. I dislike them so much I think this is my 8th :huh:

In all seriousness I love how they look and sound but I wouldn't gig one because of the first fret position being in another time zone from the body :)[/quote]

You must be alot smaller than me then John :huh:

The neck was never a problem on mine, just the fact it was a BO.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='267207' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:10 PM']I just have short arms... goes well with my deep pockets to avoid getting rounds in :)[/quote]

In fact, I find the SSII to be a tad longer than the Thumb, still comfortable though.