Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 - £200 - ***SOLD***
£200

Frank Blank

Ibanez SR500 - £200 ***NOW SOLD***

This bass was purchased at PMT Southend just under four months ago, August the 23rd to be precise! It went straight to Guitar Technical Services for a full Pro Setup and has been barely played since, never gigged, played at home about three times. All the bass duties in my band are covered by my fretless or an Ibanez SRC6 so this bass just isn't getting played. No dings, marks or scratches, immaculate condition. Happy to personally deliver to almost anywhere in the UK (I like driving!). PM or reply to the post if you are interested.

fullsizeoutput_32e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_32f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_330.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_331.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_332.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_333.jpeg

Edited by Frank Blank
Sold
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, songofthewind said:

Nice. I’ve got one of these, and I can vouch for them. This is cheap money for a very good bass guitar.

How did you get the finish so shiny?

I have noticed that the finish on these and the SRC6s varies wildly, this finish is as it was in the shop but I also noticed it was shinier than other ones I’ve seen.

2 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I have noticed that the finish on these and the SRC6s varies wildly, this finish is as it was in the shop but I also noticed it was shinier than other ones I’ve seen.

I've seen more than a few "factory matt finish" 500's (both the brown mahogany and the sunburst - I still own 2 of them). The finish on yours looks like someone has given it a very liberal (the whole can????) application of Pledge or Mr Sheen. (Sorry, just sayin'.) But at least it doesn't appear to have any of the finish flaking-off, which is the most common problem with that matt finish. Definitely low-playing hours on this bass and still an absolute bargain at 200 quid!!!!!!

Edited by clivem

6 hours ago, songofthewind said:

Somebody buy it, for God’s sake! It’s a bargain.

Otherwise I will think I need to have it to turn it into a fretless, and that won’t end well!

Tempting, isn't it...  just as well it's not an SR505.

Good luck with the sale, Mr Blank :)