Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Ibanez SR1006 Prestige 6 string
£575

FinnDave

SOLD

Selling my Ibanez SR1006, one of their Prestige models, through neck, quality hardware, etc. 

I've owned this less than 2 1/2 months, but have just bought another 6 string and two of them are enough for me. 

The previous owner of this bass replaced the Ibanez pre-amp with a John East Uni Retro, which is a significant improvement, the parametric mid-range in particular is very useful. So useful, in fact, that when this sells, it will fund a couple of East pre amps for my two remaining sixers!

I'm selling it because I play long gigs with the Grateful Dead tribute I'm in, and since my motorcycle accident three years ago, I am unable to support the weight comfortably for long. It weighs 10lb 7oz, which isn't too bad. Sounds magnificent sitting down, but we don't really do that sort of gig.

I'll be sad to see it go, as it is a great bass to play, and the sound quality is wonderful, but if I can play standing up, then I'm afraid it's of no use to me.

I don't have a case for this bass, but it fits into a standard Hiscox case (the one I use for my standard Precision).

I live in West Oxfordshire, and the bass can be viewed, played, and collected from me there. I have decent bass amps and cabs so you can try it out properly (within reason, I do have neighbours!). I will be in the Wirral the 15th/16th December, and in South Devon on the weekend of 12th/13th January if you would rather have it delivered.

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

And here I am playing it at the only gig I've played it at:

46083219_10213303517204689_4667415456770949120_o.thumb.jpg.6da7a11f781643ad0509085b1b71be12.jpg

Edited by FinnDave
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Daz39 said:

I bet the 'Paramedic mid-range' really does come to your aid!!

It's great, even comes with its own ambulance and uniform!

Thank's for spotting that, the curse of autocorrect. I'll undo it to what I originally wrote!

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

This looks awesome. If I didn't already have a SR1206 (which is the lower spec Premium rather than your top of the range Prestige) I'd be sorely tempted.

GLWTS

The SR1206 is quite a bass as well - I got one today!

• 3 weeks later...