Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass LMIII true flat settings

la bam

Evening all. Just a quick question - does anyone know the exact eq setting for total flat response on a markbass LMIII?

The reason i ask is ive come pretty close i think. Im going to be running a dual set up - tech 21 vtrm to desk, and then into the LMIII, so i want it as flat as possible.

The setting i have are around - LOW 1-2oclock. MID 11oclock HIGH 1-2oclock.

With those settings it seems to be pretty transparent - getting the same sound to desk and cab.

And how flat is your cab?

With most amps I would just say go into the fx return to bypass the preamp, but as I recall Markbass amps are unusual in that the EQ is after the fx loop?

Search previous issues of BassGearMag online, they tend to measure flat settings on most things they review and I think they did the LMII.

You need to bypass the preamp entirely if you want something genuinely "flat" (if such a thing exists, which is debatable - all amplification has a sonic signature of some sort). A plain power amp is the obvious choice. You may not like the results, of course...

I couldn't swear to it, but I seem to recall that when Bass Gear Magazine measured the Markbass LMIII it was flat with all the tone controls at noon. Cabs aren't normally flat though, and your settings are probably compensating for your cab and the room.

Edited by stevie
  • Like 1