Why become a member? ×

Just when I thought I had everything I need GAS

JPJ

So I’m in the fortunate position of owning three beautiful Overwater basses. I really felt I had all bases (intentional pun) covered until last night.

o2 Academy, Newcastle, Friday 2nd November, one of my favourite bands, Blackberry Smoke, bassist Richard Turner playing a ‘51 style P bass. OMG what a tone! 

Now gassing for a butterscotch blonde ‘51 P bass.

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

Just be safe in the knowledge that ‘everyone should own at least one Precision’!

So if that needs to happen, not your fault!

Si

Thanks Si that’s made me feel better 😎

On 03/11/2018 at 20:10, JPJ said:

So I’m in the fortunate position of owning three beautiful Overwater basses. I really felt I had all bases (intentional pun) covered until last night.

o2 Academy, Newcastle, Friday 2nd November, one of my favourite bands, Blackberry Smoke, bassist Richard Turner playing a ‘51 style P bass. OMG what a tone! 

Now gassing for a butterscotch blonde ‘51 P bass.

From an interview in 2016 he said he gets his tone from an Avalon U5  -- Link here:

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2016/10/13/like-an-arrow-an-interview-with-richard-turner/

On 04/11/2018 at 17:17, josie said:

Gigs can be dangerous. I would never have known I needed an EB2 if I hadn't seen one live. (Can't even remember the name of the band.) 

Indeed. As a result of seeing one at a gig I ended up playing an EUB for a time, which I ought not perhaps to have done as it was expensive, not as comfortable to play as a BG and a faff to transport. Looked and sounded good, though.

Edited by knirirr
  • Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:41, Sibob said:

Just be safe in the knowledge that ‘everyone should own at least one Precision’!

So if that needs to happen, not your fault!

Si

That sounds like a "get out of jail" card for me at the moment!

Since I have already a couple of Bass Collection SB-style instruments - one of their Power or Detroit basses looks like a good move, then.......:biggrin:

• Like 1