Why become a member? ×

Blending 2 pickups. Is there a way around the volume roll off with both pickups blended?

vinorange

3 minutes ago, chris_b said:

That is not really logical!

Transfer your OCD from "volume controls must be full on" to getting "a better tone".

The issue on the Aria (being stacked volume/tone) is that you can quite accidentally move the volume. That’s why I like to keep them up full. If I’m playing on the bridge pickup only, or the neck pickup there’s no problem.  If I then select both pickups, I don’t want to then have to faff about tweaking them down to adjust the signal. It’s not about tone, the tone’s fine.

2 hours ago, Bridgehouse said:

Why do single pickup basses have a volume control then?

Anthony Jackson has only one pickup directly wired to the ouput jack or XLR on his last Presentation model. And it's working very well, as YOU are the volume and compressor at the same. That said he uses a volume pedal for some violin effects...

5 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Anthony Jackson has only one pickup directly wired to the ouput jack or XLR on his last Presentation model. And it's working very well, as YOU are the volume and compressor at the same. That said he uses a volume pedal for some violin effects...

He also has talent.

• 5 months later...
On 11/11/2018 at 14:01, Deedee said:

The issue on the Aria (being stacked volume/tone) is that you can quite accidentally move the volume. That’s why I like to keep them up full. If I’m playing on the bridge pickup only, or the neck pickup there’s no problem.  If I then select both pickups, I don’t want to then have to faff about tweaking them down to adjust the signal. It’s not about tone, the tone’s fine.

Turns out the problem with mine was an incorrectly connected pickup. Now sorted 😀