Why become a member? ×

Feeler: Mesa Rig (Buster 200w Head & two Powerhouse 2x10)
£1500

Beedster

It's been a period of fluctuating rig needs here, with more ins and outs than usual. Whilst I'm fixed on Mesa, I'm still not quite settled, something made worse by a PM from another BCer last night!

I've recently looked at getting a Mesa Walkabout combo (again), because whilst I'm fed up of dragging my full Mesa rig to rehearsals, I still want some serious tone on tap. In thinking this through, I've asked myself why I have a middle weight rig that's smaller than the rig I'd really like but is still bit too heavy to drag along to every rehearsal. The alternative is to get a Walkabout for rehearsals/small gigs but to go heavy at the other end. Having just been offered the cab that was always my #1, a Mesa 1516, plus a Mesa head from the same era, it's got me wondering whether I might move back to real man territory.

So, I'm putting this up as a speculative FS thread. The Buster head was bought quite recently here, and is quite simply lovely in both looks and tone

And the cabs via Thomann here https://www.thomann.de/gb/mesa_boogie_traditional_powerhouse_210.htm

Just to be clear, this is very f*****g far from a lightweight rig in either weight or sound, but I'm thinking that if it's going to need to go in the back of the van, it might as well fill the back of the van. I'm far from decided on this, but happy to start a conversation so to speak. 

Chris

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

On 15/10/2018 at 22:56, HazBeen said:

Fickle.... :)

Great rig, great seller!

Ha ha, yes indeed Harry, although perhaps on this occasion caught out by that trait (I shouldn't have been so fickle as to sell my 1516 in the first place). I'm kinda thinking I might just buy the 1516 anyway, with the Buster it would be a very lovely rig......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverfoxnik said:

53 lbs according to the Mesa website, Mick..

Screenshot_20181021-223027.png

Thanks Nik, yes these are weightly but still 16lbs lighter than the Standard Powerhouse. I can carry the two of these at the same time, which I certainly couldn't do with the Standard 2x10, partly due to weight, but partly due to dimensions (the latter is about 5" deeper). 

Thanks Nik :)

Somewhat miffed to announce that the deal I was hoping for with the Mesa D180 & 1516 has gone away, so I'm not sure if I'm wanting to sell this rig. I might still be tempted if someone were to get in quick....

Cheers

Chris

Think I've made a decision on gear, so happy to sell this as a whole rig or split at £700 ONO for the head and £500 ONO each for the cabs. I can post them and if so will include a heavy duty fight case with the head, which will make shipping costly but safe (assuming the courier doesn't lose it). Not interested in any trades thanks :)

• Like 1