Why become a member? ×

W Sussex again...

bassninja

[quote name='bassninja' post='35500' date='Jul 22 2007, 11:39 AM']Just found the 'new' forum, so hi again everybody.

Anybody else play Bognor Rox event over the weekend?

Is this an attempt for West Sussex to take the world over?[/quote]

Hello again!

Didn't play Bognor Rox myself but how was it??

Not sure about West Sussex taking over the world? We're a bit too sleepy for that aren't we, but anything's possible I suppose!

Nik

[quote name='bassninja' post='35500' date='Jul 22 2007, 11:39 AM']Anybody else play Bognor Rox event over the weekend?[/quote]

Hi & welcome from another Newbie.

Didn't make Rox this year. The rest of the band were in London to see Spamalot arranged ages ago so it was a bit of a bugger that we were asked this year. Mind your the last two times we almost did it as a band it was either hurling it down (so we ended up doing the gig in an obliging pub on the front) or started hurling it down 2 songs into the set, so our record with the weather as a full band is not good. :)

[quote name='WalMan' post='36608' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:39 PM']Hi & welcome from another Newbie.

Didn't make Rox this year. The rest of the band were in London to see Spamalot arranged ages ago so it was a bit of a bugger that we were asked this year. Mind your the last two times we almost did it as a band it was either hurling it down (so we ended up doing the gig in an obliging pub on the front) or started hurling it down 2 songs into the set, so our record with the weather as a full band is not good. :)[/quote]

Hi Alan,

Good to see you here again! Must try to catch up in Littlehampton sometime. Hope all's well...
Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='36742' date='Jul 25 2007, 09:55 AM']Hi Alan,

Good to see you here again! Must try to catch up in Littlehampton sometime. Hope all's well...
Nik[/quote]

Hi Nik
We do keep saying that and we really should!!! Just about surviving encroaching old age & another joint replaced in June

Are you going up to the Guildford bash in August? I don't mind driving - I am there every damn day so one more won't hurt - and have a cunning plan to park (oh all right the office car park just round the corner & box any b@st@rd in who shouldn't be there) :)

[i]Steps back and waits for flood of "got any more room?" posts [/i] :huh:

[quote name='bassninja' post='35500' date='Jul 22 2007, 11:39 AM']Anybody else play Bognor Rox event over the weekend?[/quote]

Did Bognor Live in 2002. Halfway through the third number on the main stage the heavens opened, the audience disappeared and we eventually finished the set with the sound crew zipped in their tent, the stage crew on stage with us and the 2 security guys in waterproofs standing out front in case someone rushed the stage. We did hear applause from somewhere but couldn't see where.

In 2003 on the second stage we couldn't get down to the stupid sound level set by some jobsworth in the district council so they faded us down. The unamplified drum kit was over their limit. We walked off, had a big row with the organisers, the mayor and the police. Put all the kit back in the cars and went home. What a waste of a beautiful afternoon. I'm not sure I ever want to go to Bognor again.

[quote name='obbm' post='37074' date='Jul 25 2007, 11:20 PM']Did Bognor Live in 2002. Halfway through the third number on the main stage the heavens opened, the audience disappeared and we eventually finished the set with the sound crew zipped in their tent, the stage crew on stage with us and the 2 security guys in waterproofs standing out front in case someone rushed the stage. We did hear applause from somewhere but couldn't see where.

In 2003 on the second stage we couldn't get down to the stupid sound level set by some jobsworth in the district council so they faded us down. The unamplified drum kit was over their limit. We walked off, had a big row with the organisers, the mayor and the police. Put all the kit back in the cars and went home. What a waste of a beautiful afternoon. I'm not sure I ever want to go to Bognor again.[/quote]

[i]"I'm not sure I ever want to go to Bognor again"[/i]

Lots of people say that Dave, unfortunately! Bognor is a wierd place.....lots of small town politics and jobsworths! In my work, I come up against that all the time so I'm not surprised to hear of your story.

Look forward to seeing you at the Bash,

Nik