Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS60B question

Owen

I had one. I liked it. I could not get on with the switching. But I liked the noises it made and the editor made it easy for me cos editing on small screens makes me queasy. Is the B3N driven by the same engine? 

Everyone else prob knows the answer already.

TIA

The B3n has an upgraded more powerful chipset, which I've found can make a positive difference.

I've got both the MS-60B and the B3N; both amazingly good value multi-fx and the B3N doubles up as an excellent headphone amp.

I've just recently managed to find a way of getting my MXR IsoBrick under my PT board, which has freed up enough space to swap out my MS-60B and replace it with the B3N; must admit I was very pleased to be able to do that as three paddles plus three footswitches on the B3N make scrolling through effects patches a doddle.

They have a different set of FX effects. Zoom have provided a whole bunch of newly created additional effects to make use of the B3N's upgraded capabilities. 

Easiest way to compare is to download the FX lists for both, available from Zoom's website.

On 27/09/2018 at 14:58, owen said:

Thanks everyone. So the B3N is upgraded sonically from the MS-60B but has the same FX? Sorry, I know I am being tedious. 

So, in order of processing ability, it goes B1, MS60, B3 and B3n. 

The thing is, the B1 is capable of more effects simultaneously than the B3. How could that be? Well, the algorithms on the devices are tweaked so that they don't eat up processing resources. Thus, the sonic quality of the B3n will be superior to that of the B1, The B1's algorithms are simplified. You could therefore see the same effects on board, but the B1's may be limited in certain ways. I can't remember what my Zoom contact said they would be, but I'd guess at things like dynamic range and processing bit rates possibly.

• Like 1