Why become a member? ×

Cathedral Studios gave me GAS!

itsmedunc

We've found a great rehearsal room (Cathedral Studios) in Blackburn, Lancs. Now that is a rare thing around these parts indeed. It's central with parking, great PA's, drum kits, guitar and bass stacks included in the price in each room. More than a fair price, clean, tidy, brewing up tackle, the works. I've rehearsed there with a few bands and every member of those wouldn't go anywhere else now.

Went there last night and had a bit of a chat with Pete (nice guy) who runs it and he showed us round the newest room that has been built. In there is an Ashdown RM head (I think it's a RM) and an 8x10 Ashdown cab. One look and I got instant GAS? 😉 Why oh why? I didn't even try it out! Awesome thoughts popped immediately into my head!

For years I've made it my mission in life to minimise gear (bad back etc). In ears or 1x10 combo for onstage monitoring. Lightweight Barefaced, RCF PA that will handle any bass scenario. I've already got everything (ish) I'll ever need and this evening I find myself looking at 8x10's!!! What the fek! I'll need a plumber to sort me out if I lift one of them! I'm even having thoughts on how I can persuade Mrs itsmedunc to sell the car and get a van! It's spiralling out of control! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paul_5 said:

Know it well, rehearsed there a few times and yes, it's a gem of a rehearsal space.

8x10 GAS is easily cured by hiring one for a run of gigs and then schlepping it around and up/down stairs etc...

Unfortunately, GAS and regret are unavoidably intertwined! 😂 You are right though, the place is a gem! If you don't mind me asking, who do you play for? Being what seems a local lad and all that...

4 hours ago, paul_5 said:

I’m usually in there with Slander, but only when we can’t get somewhere a bit more local to everyone as we’re spread out all over the country. 

What about yourself young fella?

Nice one. Being so near to the train and bus stations makes it ideal for travellers. In a few outfits at the mo. On Parole Clash band thing, 3 MenGone Mad (just reformed) and Boredom (long standing local band). Haven't managed to get Boredom to Cathedral yet but I'm sure once they've been there, they won't want to return to their attic!

6 hours ago, missis sumner said:

We're normally up in Cathedral on Thursdays.  Did you nab our spot? 😄

Ha! Small world! Studio 2 we were in but think we'll definitely opt for Studio 3 next time. I don't know what I'll do if the bass rig rounds as good as what's going on in my head 😂

What band are you in, if you don't mind me asking?