Why become a member? ×

Upside down, back to front. What’s going on here?

vinorange

It's a left hand neck on a right hand body.  The nut looks like it's been changed for a right  hand version.

You can see that low E  has been changed to the furthest tuning key.  They're never wound on the last key, always the first.  So the neck is def, as said, upside down .

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

I've fancied doing something similar for a while - I really like the idea of a lefty maple/pearl blocks neck with the headstock re-shaped to a Tele style.

More to the point with this - what's going on with the string alignment/bridge position? Also a bit lazy bodging r/h tuners on - they've had to cut a chunk off the backplate of the G to make it fit.

Whole thing looks a bit of a lash-up.

1 hour ago, Bassassin said:

I've fancied doing something similar for a while - I really like the idea of a lefty maple/pearl blocks neck with the headstock re-shaped to a Tele style.

More to the point with this - what's going on with the string alignment/bridge position? Also a bit lazy bodging r/h tuners on - they've had to cut a chunk off the backplate of the G to make it fit.

Whole thing looks a bit of a lash-up.

I saw a Shuker Jaffa orange Jazz, block inlays maple neck with reverse headstock (and correctly oriented tuners) and it was gorgeous. £800.....I should have bought it......

However this thing on eBay is something else. I had to check at least 3 times after seeing those r/h tuners on an upside down lefty neck. Bonkers.....