Why become a member? ×

Nik Kershaw ft Mark King.

bubinga5

I was doing my first summer season back then , I’m old now but was a great time to be learning bass lines .. Remember playing loads of Nik Kershaw in our sets ..The Riddle , wide boy .etc 

Also Level 42 , Toto , Prince and many others of that era ..I’d only been playing a couple of years so there were some challenging basslines  to learn for me at the time .. I went on to work in many bands after .. but think this was my favourite time being a bass player .. skin tight jeans , yellow converse and a bleached mullet .. the fashion however sucked 😀

• Like 5

On 05/08/2018 at 11:46, bubinga5 said:

From such a great album and musician. Mark Kings  bass playing is just superb.. 

Totally agree - this one one of my favourite Nik Kershaw tracks and Mr King sounds like he's really into the session and giving it his all. I know he gets criticized by some for overplaying but he gets it spot-on for this track IMO.

I usually attempt to play along to everything i hear but I've never got close to playing this track right. L42's 'good man in a storm' is another great example of Mark's playing and a bassline I CAN play lol.

Steve