Why become a member? ×

MATAMP

MWH

Just a snippet of info,  popped in to see me old mate Jeff,  owner of Matamp,   and found him manically  moving stuff around in the works, making space for a magnetizer  he's bought, proceeds to tell me he's going into the manufacture of speaker driver units, don't know yet if that includes bass cabs, it's early days yet.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been back to  Matamp,  twelve inch drivers are all that he needs to manufacture to sort the majority of orders placed, these units will complement his amps, so sounds like no bass cabs specifically,  shame.  But I know he's done bass amp's  in the past,  does anybody have  a Matamp bass cab ?

15 hours ago, MWH said:

Been back to  Matamp,  twelve inch drivers are all that he needs to manufacture to sort the majority of orders placed, these units will complement his amps, so sounds like no bass cabs specifically,  shame.  But I know he's done bass amp's  in the past,  does anybody have  a Matamp bass cab ?

I used to have a 6x10 but at the time I thought I'd never have the GT200 to go with it so I sold it. Now I've got the GT200 I wish I'd kept it, but there you go..

It was very well made, heavy, but not ridiculously so and rated for 2400w  at 8ohms, I never saw the speakers move once, not even the tiniest tremble.