Why become a member? ×

The new TC electronic Toneprint app is here!

Quatschmacher

This must’ve automatically updated overnight as I noticed a new icon on my home screen.

Connection is via camera connection kit into usb.

I’ve got to go to work now but might take a pedal with me to play with in my break.

C8A19027-2008-4DCF-96E5-4D9B80B1B837.jpeg

DDD1CBF5-7A56-420A-8EF4-320101D0AED8.png

Edited by Quatschmacher

I need to get a camera kit at lunchtime (I assume supermarkets sell this kind of gubbins).  It looks really promising. Hopefully it'll allow me be to save out the current toneprint settings because I've had the same one in my flashback for about a year and a half, since the machine I made it on died. It's my default delay sound - a sort of tweaked Echorec with all the knobs defaulted to12 '0 clock for ease on stage - and I can't risk losing it. 

1 hour ago, radiophonic said:

I need to get a camera kit at lunchtime (I assume supermarkets sell this kind of gubbins).  It looks really promising. Hopefully it'll allow me be to save out the current toneprint settings because I've had the same one in my flashback for about a year and a half, since the machine I made it on died. It's my default delay sound - a sort of tweaked Echorec with all the knobs defaulted to12 '0 clock for ease on stage - and I can't risk losing it. 

John Lewis sell the Apple ones. Worth spending the extra to get the one which allows you to connect to the mains at the same time. £30. Often the 3rd party ones don’t work properly with midi so I wouldn’t try to economise in this case as you’ll end up spending more. 

Just now, Quatschmacher said:

John Lewis sell the Apple ones. Worth spending the extra to get the one which allows you to connect to the mains at the same time. £30. Often the 3rd party ones don’t work properly with midi so I wouldn’t try to economise in this case as you’ll end up spending more. 

Unfortunately I'm stuck out on the Coventry ring road, so it's Cannon Park Tesco or bust. I'm practicing Sat and Sun, so it'd be nice to have a tweak about in advance. Picking up from another thread - I have  a package on the way containing something Source Audio shaped that I suspect will be keeping me quite busy.... Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, radiophonic said:

Unfortunately I'm stuck out on the Coventry ring road, so it's Cannon Park Tesco or bust. I'm practicing Sat and Sun, so it'd be nice to have a tweak about in advance. Picking up from another thread - I have  a package on the way containing something Source Audio shaped that I suspect will be keeping me quite busy.... Fingers crossed.

What’s that then? Did you get a Manta?

Edited by Quatschmacher

45 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

It's in the post. I'll live without expression control for now - I have a basic filter on the Malekko if I need it. Plenty of options to play with.

Cool! Definitely get a hub soon though! I wish I’d got one at the start as I overwrote a few good sounds I’d created. If you get one then I can share some cool presets I’ve made.

3 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Came out yesterday morning. So thats two things you didnt notice yesterday.

Works well. I already had the Apple kit so had a play last night. Not much use for it to be honest but its a big step up form the old version.

In fairness, mine updates in the early hours so if it was released around 9am it wouldn’t get updated until after midnight.

Does it show which toneprint is currently installed when booking up a pedal?

I've not tried it from the phone yet, but it loaded up OK on the desktop machine. Several new parameters visible on the Flashback and a far more user friendly interface. Finally, you can read back the settings from a loaded toneprint. There does seem to be a gitch though, in that when I disable the modulation it seems to kill the whole effect. I'll dig further later, but a general thumbs up so far.