Why become a member? ×

Adamovic Jupiter 4 Fretless - SOLD
£1400

Mastodon2

SOLD - Thanks for all the interest! 

Hello all,

I've decided to put my fretless up for sale. It's an Adamovic Jupiter 4, fretless, made by Nikola Adamovic in Holland. This is an amazing instrument but it's leaving the family to free up some room for a 6 string fretless. A quick run down of the specs below:

• 4 string
  • 34" scale
  • Flamed redwood top and headstock cap
  • Limba body
  • Spalted maple lined freboard and nut
  • Flamed maple and purpleheart neck
  • Glockenklang 3 band preamp, knobs are volume, pickup pan (there are two pickups under the ramp), treble, bass and mid. I can't remember what all the little switches do, one is a killswitch, I think the other changes mid-freqs adjusted by the mid knob and the other is a phase knob but I'm not 100% certain. 

Overall the bass is in great condition, it has a few marks in the finish from aging that I've tried to capture in the photos but it has been looked after by the previous owners and there are no big chips or dings in the finish. The fretboard is in great condition, the action is nice and low as I had it set up by Curvy Sounds in Newcastle not long after I bought it. The preamp is nice and flexible, I'd say it leans towards the classic fretless sound more than the modern super bright fretless sound. It's fat and warm but the mids can be boosted for more attack or for playing "Portrait of Tracey" on repeat. Every time I play it I think it's an amazing bass but I yearn for 6 strings, if this bass was a 5 or 6 I'd keep it until the grave but alas, it's a 4 so it's disposable to me.

Despite it's appearance the bass is very small and incredibly light.My bathroom scales think it's 2.3kb / 5lbs and I'd say that's about right. It's a featherweight but it's incredibly resonant and loud when not plugged in, it balances perfectly on a strap, as should be expected as Nikola's philosophy when making his designs was "ergonomics first". I had a look on his website and with his 2018 price list and this would have cost in excess of 4500 euros to be built today.

With regards to payment I can do Paypal or cash on collection. I can drive to meet or deliver as long as it's not too far from Newcastle. I travel for work and spend a lot of time around Europe so I'll do my best to answer any questions asap. I'm happy to PM my number to discuss the bass on the phone provided I'm not working outside of Europe zone 1. THe bass will be shipped in a hard case, shipping would be £30 within the UK. International buyers, PM for a price.

I'd be interested trades, PM me if you're interested, I'll consider anything.

Cheers,

Dave

TYEwuPX.jpg

ArudUpt.jpg

hD2PvB7.jpg

VXj5opw.jpg

wZr17ZY.jpg

NcAeKam.jpg

p6iZhqe.jpg

fP7hRqb.jpg

Edited by Mastodon2
  • Like 3

I had the pleasure of playing this bass shortly after Mastodon bought it. It is an exceptional bass and one of the nicest fretless basses I've played. It is also incredibly light and well balanced and has a really natural, woody tone. Adamovic are becoming one of the top names in European luthiery and I can see why.